Thank you OpenMRS!

I’d like to share the news that I’ll transition from a full time position at Regenstrief to a volunteer OpenMRS contributor as of April 1st.

It’s been amazing 8 years and I’m most grateful for the opportunity to be able to contribute to OpenMRS in my day job. Thanks to efforts of @paul & @burke I could focus exclusively on the project and have a true impact. I will certainly miss daily interactions within the Regenstrief team and the broader community.

I’m proud of the OpenMRS project and the impact it has on so many lives! I have no doubts that it will continue to strengthen its position and excel.

Thank you to the whole Community for being so kind, respectful and understanding in all interactions. It was a truly rewarding experience to work along all of you. I learned a lot from many of you. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me and others.

Finally, I do hope to find some time aside to continue to contribute to OpenMRS as many of our community members do!

18 Likes

@raff Thank you for all your contributions, many and varied but always impactful…

1 Like

@raff,

Thank you very much for everything.

It was great to work with you

Regards, Tomasz

1 Like

@raff

I am so sad to hear this, but to wish you well! You have had a immense impact on OpenMRS, across so many elements of the code base. I will miss having your expertise, but I do hope you find some time to contribute going forward!

Thank you and take care! Mark

1 Like

@raff this is sad news, need a dislike button :wink:, but know you will still be making a considerable impact in the community as a volunteer! I think I can speak for everyone here at Regenstrief when I say we wish you nothing but the best in all you do!

2 Likes

I agree this is sad news. You are a top notch developer, I really hope we will still be able to borrow your brain from time to time. Thanks for much for everything you’ve done.

All the best in your new endeavours.

1 Like

Rafal, you have been a critical contributor to the community and this is a big loss. Thank you for everything you have done, and I do hope that we can continue to have you participate in some capacity. Where are you going with your day job? Any opportunity to collaborate with our larger endeavor in that capacity?

1 Like

It was a great honour to get to work with you @raff, and you contributed to OpenMRS in countless ways. I wish you the best of luck!

1 Like

It’s been a great pleasure working with you and thanks for the great contributions over the years, the community will definitely miss you, good luck in your new role.

1 Like

Take care of yourself!

1 Like

Oh noes!

This is the kind of announcement that it’s always a little bittersweet.

We certainly wish you all the best, but we are also torn to have less time from you! :slight_smile:

I do still hope we can meet next OpenMRS conference!

1 Like

@raff, it has been a pleasure to work from you since that first summer of code, and I’m really glad that it occurred to me to go to Paul and say “find a way to hire this guy!”

It has always been reassuring to know that you are around to help research and solve the more complex designs and issues that we run into, so let’s just think of this as an opportunity for more of us in the community to tackle more complicated problems. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for everything you have done for the community, @raff! You have helped so many people and implementations which we all truly appreciate.

1 Like

@raff you have been an amazing person to work with for all this time! We shall always miss your full time engagement. I wish you all the best in your next journey and anxiously look forward to continue working with you as a volunteer contributor, in your spare time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@raff congratulations for the good work done for the past 8 years. May the work of your hands be blessed :pray:

1 Like

A big thank you for all you did for the community @raff. I have learned a lot from you and it was always a pleasure working with you and hope to work with you in future.

All the best for your future endeavours!!

1 Like

@raff It’s been a pleasure to work with you. You have always brought your best game to OpenMRS and supported the community in the most exceptional ways. You will be missed. All the best for this next adventure, BUT don’t stray too far. :wink:

1 Like

Raff, thank you so much for everything you’ve done and all the hard work you’ve put in to help make people’s lives better. Your impact will never be eclipsed!

1 Like

@raff - All the best and thanks (again). We wouldn’t have gotten this far without you. Don’t be an OpenMRS stranger!

Ellen

@raff aah sad to hear that ,will personally miss seeing you around,you’ve been of great help to me.I’ll join @darius in urging @paul to do the same.Otherwise thanks a bunch for the the countless ways you have contributed to community .