Testing OpenMRS reference app module

Is there a way I can test the webapp features when developing a reference app module without unloading and re-installing such module?

I asked this because when developing module for the platform module, you can use a profile as described Tips while developing your module and then, you can easily do something like this to package:

mvn package -P deploy-web -D deploy.path="../../openmrs-1.8.x/webapp/src/main/webapp"

But when I do this for my ref app module, although the resources are deployed, there are no changes until I re-install such module. Is there a better way to achieve this? Thanks.

Are you looking for configuring your instance under development mode as described at: https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/0wAJAg#UsingtheUIFrameworkinYourModule-Developmentmode !

I have seen the documentation pointed to, and tried the steps involved, but yet, it does not seem to be working.

I have uiframework 3.3.1, working on an openmrs standalone v2.x. So, within the openmrs-standalone directory, in the 'openmrs-standalone-runtime.properties file, I did something like this:

vm_arguments=-Xmx512m -Xms512m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:NewSize=128m -DuiFramework.development.dispense="C:\Users\osagie\Desktop\PROJECTS\ClinicLite\OpenMRSCustomModules\dispense"

Then, I also tried something like this on the openmrs-standalone-runtime.properties:

uiFramework.developmentFolder=C:\Users\osagie\Desktop\PROJECTS\ClinicLite\OpenMRSCustomModules uiFramework.developmentModules=dispense

But to no avail, it does not seem to be working

What is the name of the file you are changing but do not see these changes reflected immediately?

I try changing certain things on the some of the view pages (.gsp) and some of the controllers also. But no changes, even with those configurations I tried earlier.

dispense is the artifact id of the module I’m working on.

Try this: -DuiFramework.development.dispense=C:\Users\osagie\Desktop\PROJECTS\ClinicLite\OpenMRSCustomModules\dispense

Thanks for your time @dkayiwa, but one thing I would love to ask is: "Apart from this runtime configuration, is there any configuration I have to do in my module e.g. in my moduleApplicationContext.xml file? " Thanks.

not for this cause