Hi @surangak I am happy to work on this project. Apart from the technical skills as I live close to University of Colombo, it will be a easier for me to work on this. Therefore I will be working on this ticket in the coming few days.
Hi there! sounds good! we plan to put up several more HGU tasks in the near future, but you have task #1. Would you like to take a look, and discuss how to work on it?
Hi Suranga Thank you for initiating OpenMRS support work. And I ll keep in touch with the community and the HGU (Human Genetiics Unit) requirments.
Hi Akshika Thank you for accepting to work on this project. Lets get together and complete this task. Pls feel free to contact me any time. If you wish to visit the HGU to understand the work process.pls let me know. I ll update you with requirements.
The link you have shared shows only the first page for me. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0txED3K91sYYVpDTVc2OFVZSU0/view
plese view the 2nd page on this
1.It should be able to draw the pedigree (Which was always the main requirement at the genetics unit)
2.It should be able to add unlimited number of scanned documents (Reports, consent forms, Referral forms etc.)
3. User should be able to add tests to the patient ( from a list or Drop down menu or list which enable multiple selections)
It doesn’t matter how many pages it has but Its better that if we have buttons or links to directly log in to different sections. Main areas should be
- Patient information 2.Referring physicians details and reason for the referral 3.Family tree drawing
- Clinicians (Clinical Geneticists notes.) 5.Management (To order tests and counselling) 6.Next visit notes (Can be done with OpenMRS visits have to have the same filled form at the next visit with new text area for visit notes) 7.Scanned document uploading button (Should be able to add unlimited scanned documents uploads.)
@hashe85 : It is my pleasure to work on this project. I have attached mock forms for the HGU forms in the following thread.
Please give your feed back on the mock forms.
Hi @surangak I have attached two mock forms conceptualizing the possible forms for HGU.
Apart from the forms, I have this problem about adding personal information again in the HGU form. Since we are already inside the patient, the above mentioned personal information such as name, age etc have been already filled when the patient is registered. I assume we can populate these fields from the patient’s information.
Like to have your comments about that and also about the mocked forms. Cheers
Following are the mock forms for the HGU :
@akshika47 has posted the above form mockup. In it, he’s presenting just two of the sections - personal and Provider details. i feel that the other sections:
3.Family tree drawing 4. Clinicians (Clinical Geneticists notes.) 5.Management (To order tests and counselling) 6.Next visit notes (Can be done with OpenMRS visits have to have the same filled form at the next visit with new text area for visit notes) 7.Scanned document uploading button (Should be able to add unlimited scanned documents uploads.)
Can be added via new tabs.
Also, do we really need tabs for patient information? these don’t need to get filled in, as they should be collected during the patient registration phase, and not here?
Dear Suranga I think tabs are a good solution. You are right, when we register the patient this part is automatically filled in. We only need to view those information while Clinician is seeing the patient. That means those parts should be visible.
Dear akshika Great work. I would like these forms to be more colurful and styled since all the users wanted this to be more attractive and user friendly. How are you going to code for the family tree drawing part.??? If you can meet me I ll show you the current testing drwer and give you the additional requirements and all the details.
Hi Akshika hope you have started writing the codes for the suggested codes. Please contact me if you want any information regarding the required form in details.
Hi @hashe85 I am interested in this project too, and i also have some questions regarding the vital forms display and usability, more over i need to know about the source code of the vital forms being built in, i have installed and run the demo of OpenMRS, can you guide me and help me to get started on this project. Thanks
Hi @hashe85, yes I have setup the environment and I am developing the GUIs right now. Above shown mock GUIs are just to get an idea. The final ones will be colorful and eye catchy as the other forms.
I assume the family drawing part has been already designed so we could directly integrate it to the system. Please let me know the status of that design.
Hi akshika. Hope you are doing well with the HGU form development.
Actuality the family tree drawing integration we have gives some errors and it has not satisfied all the user requirements.
I have done the requirements elicitation for this and I ll upload it.
Current family tree drawer was done by one of our doctors.He has downloaded the code from open source software called jspedigree and studied the code and modified.
It was coded in java-script and intregrated in to HTMLformentry module Pedigree created by this function was stored as text data under an openMRS concept in the database.Pedigree was recreated from this text data when it was viewed.
I think If you can meet me at the Human Genetics Unit. It ll be more easier for you to grab the function and If you are able modify the current code to fulfill the all requirements it will save your time rather than developing it from the beginning.
@surangak @hashe85 Following are the forms final look. I have developed the graphical user interface for the mocked forms. I guess this will give you a better understanding of the final result. There are more tabs to be added, specially which includes the family tree drawing unit. Please let me know how does this look?
As we have discussed earlier you will see in the screen shot that my name is already there when I try to add the name. So that is not necessary in my point of view.
Hi Akshika this is great. This will be attractive and user friendly for the users.
yes I agree no need to add name age sex since it comes automatically after registering the patient.
Let me upload the requirements for the Pedigree drawing tool. (Family tree drawing tool)
@akshika47 As I’ve mentioned earlier They also required a tab for file up loader since they want to upload scanned documents. pictures, PDF, word documents etc for each patient. It should be unlimited (Predicting the server has unlimited storing and handling capacity). Our current system we can upload files but not unlimited.
Sample Collected Yes or No
Report is Ready Yes or No
Patient informed Yes or No
Report has been issued to the patient Yes or No
It should be able to draw a fairly large pedigree of at least 5 (Five Generations) with a maximum 30 members each line. A. It should be able to begin with a single symbol (Male or Female) and then should be able to add family
- It should be able to add daughters or sons
- It should be able to add Sisters or Brothers
- It should be able to add twin sister or brother
- It should be able to add twins (As Children)
- It should be able to add Triplets (As Children)
- It should be able to add Parents
- It should be able to add spouse
- It should be able to add Spouse and a child
- It should be able to add spouse with no children
- It should be able to add Miscarriages
- It should be able to add a divorced spouse with children and married wife with children to a person at the same time
B. It should be able to change the status of each family member.
- It should be able to change Affection to (Affected or Unaffected)
- It should be able to change Sex to (Male, Female or Unknown )
- It should be able to change whether the patient is living or not living
- It should be able to change the marriage type (consanguineous or nonconsanguineous )
- It should be able to change the current status to Patient (Proband) or not the patient
- It should be able to change whether carrier or not the carrier
- It should be able to change the twin type whether Identical (Monozygotic), fraternal (Dizygotic) or unknown
C. There should be a automatic numbering system which should be for each lines (Each Generation’s) (User should be able to change the number allocated atomically).
D. Should be able to add notes (Like text boxes)
E. Should be able to Type few lines under the symbol of patients and affected people or any other member
.Bennett JGC 2008 - Standardized Human Pedigree Nomenclature - Update and Assessment of the Recommendations of the National Society of Genetic Counselors.pdf (200.9 KB) IIHG How to Draw a Pedigree.pdf (160.9 KB) Extended Pedigree Symbols all.pdf (183.9 KB)
Thanks @hashe85, that was very descriptive! I’m trying to break down the work into short tasks.
Can we agree on the following for @akshika47’s next to-do’s?
(a) remove the tab for patient data from the form, as it gets collected separately (b) add a tab for users to upload scanned documents (as many as they want)
For the radiobuttons -
Sample Collected Yes or No Report is Ready Yes or No Patient informed Yes or No Report has been issued to the patient Yes or No
I propose a new tab, perhaps something named ‘Samples’ to store this?
(a.) yes we ll remove the tab for patient data form (b) sure we ll add a tab for scanned documents
yes that’s a great idea of having a separate tab for samples and now the tabs will be for
- Referring physician’s details and reason for the referral 2.Family tree drawing 3.Clinicians (Clinical Geneticists notes.) 4.Management (To order tests and counselling) 5.Next visit notes (Can be done with OpenMRS visits have to have the same filled form at 6.the next visit with new text area for visit notes) 6.Tab for Scanned document uploading (Should be able to add unlimited scanned documents uploads.)
Hope you got the list of tests to be shown to select form the tab 4.(Management)
I f you want I ll up load the list of tests HGU clinician order.