Task review taking long time

Hey mentors,

I know that you guys are trying your best to keep up with the tasks the students are completing in GCI, but this task of mine which I claimed takes at least 24 hours for each review. I understand that dealing with issues is something that only the senior mentors take care of, but it’d be appreciated if I could get faster reviews https://codein.withgoogle.com/dashboard/task-instances/5423880987475968/

1 Like

Hi @risky.case

Thanks for reaching us. Actually we are dealing more than 500+ students during the GCI, and have about 20+ mentors for the reviews. So it might take some time than you expected, anyway we will manage to do it before 36hrs.

And. Please submit your works and comment there before click the submission button. I can see that, you have submitted before and commented the submission resources later. So it changed your submission time, and we didn’t notify by your submission time :slight_smile:

Current status of your work like this,

So we may not provide much priority to your submission since it looks like submitted 1hour ago :smile:. Do not make any unnecessary comments after submitting your work.

Thanks.

Thanks for that tip, I just brought the links back to one place because there were a lot of comments in that task. Next time I’ll try not to have a long time between submission and last comments

I just added some more comments to the issues, can you please go through it and submit again

Made the requested changes

Got it. Thanks @risky.case

Disclaimer : We already have dedicated IRC, Telegram channels for the immediate help from the mentors. So we will not encourage students to create talk threads to request for the task reviews. It may reduce the impact on other important treads on OpenMRS talk.

1 Like

hello my task tooo has exceed 34 hrs after submission… can you please just look out so that i can proceed with other tasks! :smile: https://codein.withgoogle.com/dashboard/task-instances/6046446374617088/

Hey jubel

24 hours is not the expected wait time for reviews. Mentors are all volunteers, so please be patient through the process.

Disclaimer : We already have dedicated IRC, Telegram channels for the immediate help from the mentors. So we will not encourage students to create talk threads to request for the task reviews. It may reduce the impact on other important treads on OpenMRS talk.

oh sorry, its been 34 hours :smiley:

After submitting it for review, you put a comment saying “please respond” which sorted it in such a way that you have just submitted it for review.

1 Like

now what should i do?

Hey @jubelkurian

Please submit your works and comment there before clicking the submission button. I can see that, you have submitted before and commented later. So it changed your submission time, and we didn’t notify by your submission time

So we may not provide much priority to your submission since it looks like submitted 1hour ago :smile:. Do not make any unnecessary comments after submitting your work.

Thanks.

Disclaimer : We already have dedicated IRC, Telegram channels for the immediate help from the mentors. So we will not encourage students to create talk threads to request for the task reviews . It may reduce the impact on other important treads on OpenMRS talk.

1 Like

can some one tell me why am i not able to claim this task?

can someone tell me why i am not able to claim this task?

There is a lot of probably reasons why you can’t claim the task you want. You might:

• You already have assigned another task to you.
  • The limit of students who can work on the task simultaneously is reached.
  • The task was removed (you are using a bookmarked link to a task which is not existing anymore
1 Like

Er, I need to jump in here, there isn’t a way to limit the number of concurrent task instances. There is a way to limit the number of instances of the task overall. That is the likely cause. Also, once a task has been claimed by a student, the only way to remove it is to lower the number of instances to 0, which has the same net effect – no other students can claim it.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Noted