Support for multiple tabs with the observations functionality under consultations

We wanted the functionality offered by the observations tab to be available via additional tabs – each tab would have its own set of templates supporting certain specific set of functionality / forms. In the picture below we have created two new tabs “Diet” and “Wound” which will have to be linked to diet observation forms and wound observation forms respectively. These tabs are visible in the screenshots below.

1. Set up templates for Wound based on specific sheets as an example

Clicking on Add New Obs form throws up sub concept forms like this specific to a specific disease type or program - image

Extension json for adding the tabs: “Wound”: { “id”: “bahmni.clinical.consultation.wound”, “extensionPointId”: “org.bahmni.clinical.consultation.board”, “type”: “link”, “label”: “Wound”, “url”: “concept-set-group/observations_Wound”, “icon”: “fa-user-md”, “order”: 10, “requiredPrivilege”: “app:clinical:observationTab” }

Code change this required in conceptSetPageController.js changed the init function to – var init = function () { var exts = $state.params.conceptSetGroupName.split(‘_’); var extsVal = exts.length > 1 ? ’ ’ + exts[1] : ‘’; if (!($scope.allTemplates !== undefined && $scope.allTemplates.length > 0)) { spinner.forPromise(conceptSetService.getConcept({ name: “All Observation Templates” + extsVal, v: “custom:” + customRepresentation }).then(function (response) { ……

The idea was to have the ability to change “All Observation Templates” hard coded value based on some keyword or parameter. We have yet to test this extensively, so far it does not throw up an errors on the browser debug console.

Any thoughts on this approach and limitations that this may throw up? Or side effects?

Thanks, Ashok

Nice idea. We can probably refine this a bit and make it more generic. Would you like to bring this up for discussion in a future PAT call? (Every Wednesday 2 pm UTC)

Sure, is it on today?

Relatedly can I create separate multi tabs on an observation form such as History and Examination Form . I would like to create sub tabs such as Tab1 - History, Physical Examination? instead of sections. The objective is to reduce overcrowding a form and better user ability

Sorry, I missed the last PAT call. @ashokraman, I hope to be available in the next PAT call, or we can have a subgroup call.

I missed that last one too, yes, I can be on call this Wednesday, thanks,

@angshuonline We are ready for the PAT call on 20/11/2019. Kindly advise us what is to be done for this

Added new Tab in bahmni clinical page

We have created two new tabs “Diet” and “Wound” which will have to be linked to diet observation forms and wound observation forms respectively. These tabs are visible in the screenshots below. image

Codes for adding the tabs The below codes are used to create the new tabs “Diet”: { “id”: “bahmni.clinical.consultation.diet”, “extensionPointId”: “org.bahmni.clinical.consultation.board”, “type”: “link”, “label”: “Diet”, “url”: " form-observations ", “icon”: “fa-user-md”, “order”: 9, “requiredPrivilege”: “app:clinical:observationTab” }, “Wound”: { “id”: “bahmni.clinical.consultation.wound”, “extensionPointId”: “org.bahmni.clinical.consultation.board”, “type”: “link”, “label”: “Wound”, “url”: “form-observations”, “icon”: “fa-user-md”, “order”: 10, “requiredPrivilege”: “app:clinical:observationTab” } These codes will create the tabs but on clicking the tab this will take us to the search patient code by default, but what we need is the same replica of the observation tab with forms of diet and wound in it as shown in the screen shots below. On clicking on the observation tab we will get the following form image On clicking on the “Add New Obs Forms” in the above form the following form will appear image Here all the observation forms are arranged in a single page. After the restructuring , only forms related to diet has to come under diet tab, wound forms as to come under wound tab and so on We tried by changing the code but it’s not working. The code of the observation tab is given below “observations”: { “id”: “bahmni.clinical.consultation.observations”, “extensionPointId”: “org.bahmni.clinical.consultation.board”, “type”: “link”, “translationKey”: “Observations”, “url”: “concept-set-group/observations”, “default”: true, “order”: 1, “requiredPrivilege”: “app:clinical:observationTab” }, In this the url “concept-set-group” could not be found any where in bahmni. Only on finding about this we can move further on the tab option. Or any other option to give link to the tabs has to be found out. Kindl help us on this

Thanks Divya. I think the community feels that this would be a really nice feature. I am currently away, but maybe we can have a 1-1 meeting over zoom sometime next week to debug and investigate? Send a direct msg (DM) to me or connect over slack? (DM me your email id and I will add you on slack)

Hey… was this solved? I kinda want to use this technique…