Standalone installation fails with error

Am installing standalone reference application 2.9.0 on linux os but it fails an error message
[MysqldResource] mysqld pid-file not found: /home/admins/referenceapplication-standalone-2.9.0/database/data/MysqldResource.pid SQL: null.
Here is the full log of the error message

1 Like

which java version are you running?

java -version
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.4+11-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.3) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.4+11-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.3, mixed mode, sharing)

am expecting you to have some thing like below if your java is well setup openjdk version “1.8.0_212” OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_212-8u212-b03-0ubuntu1.16.04.1-b03) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.212-b03, mixed mode)

@kdaud where did you get the standalone you are trying to run?

@irenyak1, downloaded from https://openmrs.org/download/

@kdaud actually your output is fine. It just shows that you are running openjdk 11 which is not yet supported by openMRS please down grade to openjdk 8 ( openjdk 1.8). It will run. So sorry about that.

Try that and give us the feedback.

@irenyak1 how do i downgrade to 1.8. Does this mean to first uninstall 11.0 and then install 1.8?

@kdaud I have previously experienced this challenge, you can either choose to install openjdk 8 (sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk and set Java 8 as default. If not, then purge Java 11 and install Java 8 but also, make sure you backup all your relevant files.

Hope this helps.

thats what it means.

@kdaud actually I am having both openjdk 11 and openjdk 8 installed on my ubuntu machine but I set the environment to openjdk 8. so you can do the same without uninstalling openjdk 11 because you may need it at some point.

you may google about it or follow these steps

After installing openjdk 1.8, then set it up so that your pc uses it.

Java setting up

sudo update-alternatives --config java choose openjdk 1.8

sudo update-alternatives --config javac choose the path to openjdk 1.8

sudo nano /etc/profile

Set this at the end of your text editor eg after the last fi. according to your computer. e.g JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
export JAVA_HOME
JRE_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre
PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME
export PATH

after save by (CTRL + O) , Enter and (CTRL + X) to exit.

source /etc/profile and exit.

Now try runing java -version.

if it doesnt take effect restart your machine.

Let me know the feedback.

@irenyak1 thanks, you are very right that means it will depend on the memory he has on his pc. but honestly let him get one openjdk8, for simplicity

I just did as @irenyak1 and @ggomez advised and downgraded to<br< java version “1.8.0_221”
When again run standalone excutable file, the same exception is thrown during the process of installation.
cc: @sharif, @herbert24, @mozzy

which version of mysql are you using.

Here is the version of mysql:
mysqld Ver 5.7.27-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 for Linux on x86_64 ((Ubuntu))
@sharif

it seems the problem is the password that you specified, try again leaving the password blunk and username “root”

@sharif, during the installation of standalone reference application, username and password are not requested(specified)

@kdaud from the exception output you posted looks like it’s now a database connection issue. Check if your openmrs-standalone-runtime.properties file is configured, it should look like this sample. I added the vm_argument to tweak the jvm memory you don’t neccessary have to use it in your case.

its because your exception looked to be from database issues like @ggomez said.so its from that perspective i suggested earlier.