Set Up OpenMRS Server

Is there any problem with me using mysql 8 instead of 5.6 or 5.7 to set up my Set Up OpenMRS Server?? i have been trying all day but i get this error:

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 50.292 s [INFO] Finished at: 2021-03-25T20:13:08+03:00 [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:3.13.7:setup (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Failed to setup server: Unable to execute mojo: Execution null of goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-docker-maven-plugin:3.13.7:create-mysql failed: [ERROR] [ERROR] [ERROR] Could not connect to Docker at unix:///var/run/docker.sock [ERROR] [ERROR] Please make sure Docker is running. [ERROR] [ERROR] If you are using ‘Docker Toolbox’, please make sure you run the SDK command [ERROR] from the ‘Docker Toolbox’ terminal. [ERROR] [ERROR] If your Docker is running, try resetting the Docker host by running setup with -DdockerHost parameter. [ERROR] [ERROR] You can also set it manually by adding -DdockerHost=“tcp://correct/url”: org.newsclub.net.unix.AFUNIXSocketException: Cannot find method “setCreated” in java.net.Socket. Unsupported JVM? [ERROR] → [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

i have maven and docker running. Thank you

hello @tusimegodwin123,

which openmrs version are you using?

i am using 3.13.7

@tusimegodwin123 i dont know of search a version openmrs because the the recently released version was 2.4.0 and the one in development is 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT

Oh sorry i thought ur asking for OpenMRS SDK

@gcliff please i am trying to Set Up OpenMRS Server with OpenMRS SDK and Docker - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like

@tusimegodwin123 can this be of help in setting up an openmrs server via docker

1 Like

MySQL 8 should work fine from OpenMRS platform version 2.4.0 and above. From your error message, when it comes to the database, it looks like you chose mysql running in a docker container. Can you instead just choose mysql without the docker container option?

2 Likes

After successfully creating my module i get this error when i visit http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ Any help please

Thank you, it helped me

Which OpenMRS version did you choose?

That one uses a version of the platform which does not support MySQL 8. You would need to run the sdk setup again and choose version 2.12.0-SNAPSHOT of the reference application distribution.

1 Like

@dkayiwa Thank you so much

@tusimegodwin123 and this comes with openmrs version 2.4 which is compatible with mysql 8

1 Like

@dkayiwa - are you aware of particular issues with using MySQL 8 on 2.3.x? Because that’s what we are planning to move forward with in Rwanda. Things seem to be working, but if you’d encountered particular issues that would be good to understand.

Thanks, Mike

1 Like

I think the issues are broadly related to the new default settings in MySQL 8.0, which can be mitigated with configuration. It might be worth looking into bumping the version of Connector/J in the 2.3.x branch since 5.1.46 (the next release in that line) also claims to support MySQL 8.

1 Like

I have just never tested it on platform 2.3.x

What @ibacher suggests makes a lot of sense!

Hello @dkayiwa @ibacher , Are there any workaround for platform version 2.3 to support mysql version 8.0 , Its seems rds DBs nolonger support 5.7.

@sharif is there any reason why you cannot upgrade your OpenMRS platform?