Are you an experienced Java and OpenMRS developer looking for full-time work in Nairobi? If so, the OpenHMIS team would love to hear from you! We are looking for highly-qualified OpenMRS developers to fill a Senior Developer position with our team. The OpenHMIS project is creating hospital management features on top of OpenMRS and has already released a number of modules, including the Cashier and Inventory modules. We are a small team and this position will provide the opportunity to be involved in many different aspects of the project. In short, we are looking for qualified applicants who are “smart and get things done”.
- 5+ years Java experience
- 5+ years RDBMS experience (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc)
- 2+ years development experience with OpenMRS
- Experience with version control systems (especially git)
- Experience with server setup and maintenance (including networking)
- Excellent written communication skills (English)
- Design and implementation of new software to support clinical data-gathering and hospital management
- Maintenance of existing software (i.e., bug fixes, additional features)
- Maintenance of existing systems (including servers and networks)
- Gathering of requirements for new features from health-care administrators and other system users
- Communication with key stakeholders and the OpenMRS community at large and professional networking to facilitate collaboration within the health-care software industry
- Management and mentoring of junior developers
Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include health insurance and a housing allowance. Note that working remotely is not an option for this position.
Qualified persons should contact Wesley Brown at email@example.com and include a brief personal description and a resume.
Thanks! -Wesley Brown Lead Developer OpenHMIS Project www.OpenHMISAfrica.org