'Respiratory rate' field in Capture Vitals allows invalid value

In ‘Respiratory rate’ we can enter “9999999999999999999999999999999”. Is there an issue covering this bug or should I create a new one? Best Regards, Natalia Płonka

This has to do with the underlying CIEL dictionary. Looking here http://maternalconceptlab.com/search.php?q=id:5242&source=openmrs, I see that there’s no absolute maximum set.

@akanter, how do you want to address this? Would you want us to have a space in OpenMRS’s JIRA for metadata issues? Or should we just forward them to you?

I think we should set up a separate JIRA and happy to address this where we can in the dictionary. We do set 0 to prevent lower bounds, but upper bounds might be high upper given clinical variability…Andy

That concept does have a critical upper limit (120).

I presume there is some absolute maximum that is less than " 9999999999999999999999999999999" to satisfy the testing team… :slight_smile:

I don’t quite understand: “we should set up a separate JIRA”. Are you saying that we should have the OpenMRS infrastructure team set up a JIRA project for “Metadata and Content” and we can put this sort of issue there?

I did find that it had an absolute max that should have blocked entry. Why didn’t it? As for JIRA, I meant creating a project/category for metadata that defaults assignment to me and allow people to use that rather than just email. Thanks

If you follow the steps at Jira Service Management this will be no problem.

Done! I filed a request for a Terminology & Metadata project.

1 Like