Requesting /dev/4 stage for Bahmni team members

I don’t think we’ve addressed JIRA privs since adopting dev stages. It would seem logical to me that, like GitHub permissions, our permissions in JIRA should be liberal and all /dev/3+ should be able to administer workflows across projects. I’ll start another topic to discuss with infra team about if we are (or could) drive JIRA group memberships (and thereby permissions) automagically from dev stage assignments. Then we’d only have to manually manage exceptional cases.

IMHO, any /dev/3+ at Bahmni should be empowered to perform the assessment to get the ticket into a “Ready for Work” status.

From what I’ve seen in JIRA, permissions are granted by roles which can be either global or project-specific. I don’t think there’s anything to dynamically change permissions based on issue assignment (there may be a plugin). In any case, I’d rather manage permissions socially rather than technically (i.e., have a liberal permission policy that gives permissions to as many people as possible and use conventions/education to manage expectations).