Replace the embedded mysql with MariaDB4J

True, is it ok to create those classes in the same ticket, won’t we lose track of code follow up. am going to create a PR that launches standalone at start up, i will send you A PR for review

I think it’s ok to create them as part of this ticket. Ultimately, the code submitted under this ticket should get the standalone running with MariaDB.

Sure let me correct the PR , hope you will take a review, i think it will be much more better to first deal this this since it adds the mariaDB dependencies

Hello sir @ibacher , i found out this

if (wizardModel.databaseConnection.contains(“mysql”)) { Class.forName(“com.mysql.jdbc.Driver”).newInstance(); } else if (wizardModel.databaseConnection.contains(“mariadb”)) { Class.forName(“org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver”).newInstance(); } else { replacedSql = replacedSql.replaceAll(“`”, “”"); }

It seems this is the same creteria i need to figure out from, what is your suggestion about this idea

Hey @ibacher ,According to this commit, it seems the database could not run the script \setup-openmrs-user.sql only according to this log , https://pastebin.com/kkf7WUup, i was thinking , we jdirectly point the demo.database scripts of the database it self using the URL Am not sure whether it will be ambiguous or helpfull .

Hello @dkayiwa @ibacher @k.joseph i added a class that launches mariaDB here at start up , could please take a look meanwhile as am trying to backup openmrs data into mariaDB instance thanks