Renaming a module name displayed on Bamboo UI

Am currently looking for away of renaming Reference Application Distribution module name displayed on Bamboo UI for RefApp 2.x from Distribution to a better name which will distinctively distinguish between 2.x and 3.x Distribution modules. I currently have two names in my mind!

1.                       2.x Distribution

2.                       Distribution 2.x

Two questions have not figured out the right answers to them and would love to be guided as well learn from them:

a. Which name would be the best alternative or which other name would suit the requirement?

b. Are the configurations to accomplish my need accessible? If yes where are these configurations seated?

Below is the current Bamboo UI display for Reference Application Distribution module

cc: @dkayiwa @ibacher @grace @jennifer @mozzy @mksd @burke

Thanks @kdaud for bringing this up. I’d say that whatever we do, let’s normalize the names between 2.x and 3.x.

For example if you choose the 2.x name to be “2.x Distribution”, then the 3.x name should be “3.x Distribution”… etc.

Currently we have 3.x module named as 3x-Distribution and this suggests renaming 2.x module as 2x-Distribution. However, as I look at how other modules with varying versions are named I would suggest we rename 3x-Distribution to Distribution 3.x and then for 2.x to be named Distribution 2.x .

Any idea on this question?

Of recent have changed names displayed for RefApp 2.x and 3.x Distribution on Bamboo UI. The summary is as below:

Distribution     ->     Distribution 2.x

3x-Distribution  ->     Distribution 3.x 

Below is the Bamboo UI display of those two respective modules!

cc: @mksd @ibacher @dkayiwa @sharif @grace @herbert24 @jennifer @christine

2 Likes

Thats awesome, it Looks nice and clear thanks for that configuration @kdaud