Regarding working on ideas & GSOC18

Hi Sir, My name is Shiv,final year Computer Science student at one of premier engineering college in India. I have done software eng. internship in facebook london last year,wanted to explore open source arena more deeper to enhance my knowledge further this year. I have lot of experience with Python,Javascript,HTML,CSS,MySQL.I find myself able to work on following ideas:- a) Patient Merge Enhancement b) Location Based Access Control c) Merge Patient data from Multiple Installations I am little bit confused on how to start? How can i show my worth to you or should i directly focus on proposal or any bug patches first or discuss my solution first? Please guide me from here on how to proceed further. Thanks!!!

Hi @shivpratapsingh

Welcome to OpenMRS Community. First, you need to introduce your self at here and then continue the process. Please take a look at this page to start contributing to the community. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer.

While working for GSoC proposal, you need to be active in OpenMRS Community and need to earn dev/1 stage. You can use the OpenMRS wiki pages for more information about the community and projects. please use the OpenMRS issue tracker for the issue management.

Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @shivpratapsingh, welcome to the community! Please also read through the following post carefully to understand the guidelines and expectations for interested students, and how best to proceed at this stage: