A handful of us who are working on project management, partnerships and collaborations in the OpenMRS ecosystem would like to start a new initiative: a Quarterly OpenMRS Ecosystem Scrum Of Scrums.
- Projects in the ecosystem know more about other projects, and avoid duplicating efforts
- OpenMRS PM team can have more insight into things going on in the ecosystem
- Projects can identify areas for bilateral collaboration
Give projects in the ecosystem a chance to do a standup-length update about:
- Major highlights you did last quarter
- Major plans for next quarter
- Possible areas for collaboration
- a quarterly call (on UberConference)
- interested projects must share a status update prior to the call covering the three questions above, so they can be collated beforehand
- on the call, each project gets 5 minutes to talk about their status
- at the end of the call, have a time slot for individuals/groups to express intention to follow up on things
- this call is specifically not intended for detailed discussion between groups/individuals; it would take too long
A preliminary list of groups we thought would be interested are:
- Mekom Solutions
- Partners In Health
- Philippines CHITS
- Uganda Country Implementation
But the call will be open to anyone doing or wanting to do projects in the OpenMRS ecosystem.
Second week of each quarter, i.e. second week of January, April, July, October.
There are a lot of time zones to cover, so we are proposing the 5am or 6am Seattle time slot. And not Monday or Friday, for those of us in the far west or far east.
This Doodle poll should show this time in your timezone.
Next Steps For Those Interested
- Please fill out this doodle poll if you want to join the first call, the second week of April.
- Please share feedback on this idea
-Darius & Jan, pairing