Quarterly Ecosystem Scrum Of Scrums/ Open Day

A handful of us who are working on project management, partnerships and collaborations in the OpenMRS ecosystem would like to start a new initiative: a Quarterly OpenMRS Ecosystem Scrum Of Scrums.

Why

• Projects in the ecosystem know more about other projects, and avoid duplicating efforts
  • OpenMRS PM team can have more insight into things going on in the ecosystem
  • Projects can identify areas for bilateral collaboration

How

Give projects in the ecosystem a chance to do a standup-length update about:

1. Major highlights you did last quarter
  • Major plans for next quarter
  • Possible areas for collaboration

What

• a quarterly call (on UberConference)
  • interested projects must share a status update prior to the call covering the three questions above, so they can be collated beforehand
  • on the call, each project gets 5 minutes to talk about their status
  • at the end of the call, have a time slot for individuals/groups to express intention to follow up on things
  • this call is specifically not intended for detailed discussion between groups/individuals; it would take too long

Who

A preliminary list of groups we thought would be interested are:

• AMPATH
  • Bahmni
  • CIEL
  • eSaude
  • KenyaEMR
  • Mekom Solutions
  • muzima
  • OCL
  • OpenSRP
  • Partners In Health
  • Philippines CHITS
  • Uganda Country Implementation

But the call will be open to anyone doing or wanting to do projects in the OpenMRS ecosystem.

When

Second week of each quarter, i.e. second week of January, April, July, October. There are a lot of time zones to cover, so we are proposing the 5am or 6am Seattle time slot. And not Monday or Friday, for those of us in the far west or far east. This Doodle poll should show this time in your timezone.

Next Steps For Those Interested

1. Please fill out this doodle poll if you want to join the first call, the second week of April.
  2. Please share feedback on this idea

-Darius & Jan, pairing

1 Like

Thanks @janflowers for sending out an email as well because I actually missed this.

Where/how should this be shared?

Good question, we’ll get you an answer in the next couple of days.

Do make sure you fill out the doodle poll from the first post.

@darius, once you decide on a time (presumably soon), please add it to the new OpenMRS Calendar. :slight_smile:

OpenMRS Calendar

iCal link (or via http://om.rs/ical) HTML Events & Meetings (OpenMRS Calendar) - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki (GMT), OpenMRS Calendar, OpenMRS Calendar, OpenMRS Calendar, OpenMRS Calendar

This call will be Wednesday April 12 at 13:00 UTC.

Next step: fill out this google form with your update, before the call.

Times in a few cities:

• 6am San Francisco
  • 9am New York
  • 4pm Nairobi, Kampala
  • 6:30pm India
  • 9pm China
  • see more

I also added this to the new OpenMRS Calendar.

This call time conflicts with the University call, which I think we should cancel this week to coopt the OpenMRS Uberconference line for the scrum of scrums call. Who is running the university call now?

Mmm @darius, I am not able to load that form:

Oops, sorry, I have fixed this, try again.

Thanks to Mekom, PIH, Bahmni, I-TECH, IHS, DHI2 Reporting Module, Jembi DHIS2 Reporting, and eSaude for participating!

Notes are here:

We are trying to schedule the next Quarterly Ecosystem Scrum of Scrums for the second week of July. For those interested please fill out this doodle poll by EOD Friday, June 30.

This next call will be Wednesday July 12 at 13:00 UTC.

Next step: fill out this google form with your update, before the call.

Times in a few cities:

6am San Francisco 9am New York 4pm Nairobi, Kampala 6:30pm India 9pm China see more

I also added this to the new OpenMRS Calendar.

Per the OpenMRS calendar we were scheduled to have the quarterly scrum of scrums tomorrow, but we are going to delay this for a couple of weeks. We are excited to have a new Technical Project Manager on board (hi @c.antwi!) and we’d like to give her a chance to reconsider how we run this call.

Look for another scheduling update soon.

1 Like

Dear All

We have now finalized a date for the next OpenMRS Scrum of Scrums (Open Day). The prosed date for the event is September 11 2018 at 13:00hrs UTC. Kindly use the following link to identify the timing in your timezone https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ .

This call will be run on uber-conference at the following link http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

More Details on how to participate in the call will be provided in the next few days.

Please share widely with your networks @burke @jthomas @darius @mksd @ssmusoke @dkayiwa

2 Likes

Hey Everyone!

Another gentle reminder for our upcoming OpenMRS Open Day.

We are looking to schedule a call in the next couple of weeks for partners and implementers to share the latest updates on their projects, what they plan on developing in the short term and most importantly how OpenMRS could better work with you to improve collaborations in the ecosystem. We will also be discussing what the TPM role will involve and some of the new initiatives we will be working on in the short term.

Why are we meeting?

Projects in the ecosystem know more about other projects, and avoid duplicating efforts
OpenMRS PM team can have more insight into things going on in the ecosystem
Projects can identify areas for bilateral collaboration

How

Give projects in the ecosystem a chance to do a standup-length update about:

Major highlights you did last quarter

Major plans for next quarter
Possible areas for collaboration

What

interested projects must share a status update prior to the call covering the three questions above, so they can be collated beforehand
Call will be conducted on Uberconference http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs
on the call, each project gets 5 minutes to talk about their status
at the end of the call, have a time slot for individuals/groups to express intention to follow up on things
this call is specifically not intended for detailed discussion between groups/individuals; it would take too long

Who

A preliminary list of groups we thought would be interested are:

AMPATH
Bahmni
CIEL
eSaude
KenyaEMR
Mekom Solutions
muzima
OCL
OpenSRP
Partners In Health
Philippines CHITS
Uganda Country Implementation

The call will be open to anyone doing or wanting to do projects in the OpenMRS ecosystem.

When

Please fill in this Doodle poll to aid us in fixing a date for this event:

Next Steps For Those Interested

Please fill out Doodle poll on this link  https://doodle.com/poll/7dyfv8sdfy7i6fhr   if you want to join the first call, the second week of September 2018.
Please share feedback and any questions you may have to myself.