Prospective Contributor team from universities in Sweden

@darius what happened to the concept management module written in the new uiframework module like 2 summers ago? We do have incomplete tasks on the platform road map which i believe are of higher priority and i still believe that it is the best place to pick up an item to work on.

I agree that we generally should direct interested contributors to high priority roadmap items when possible. But also, “best project for a group of students with specific time constraints” is not necessarily the same as “highest priority project for the OpenMRS roadmap”.

1 Like

hi @willa,

Thank you, we do not have that much experience with angular. From a glance, it appears too big to finish by the end of our course.

Hi @darius,

Can you give us the person that we can contact for more information and github links to these projects if possible?

Whats the skill set for the students ?

1 Like

@florencemayo89 how about we set up a call and discuss about this? I have a feeling that even though the project appears big it is still doable within the time frame you have specified. If you are still interested let us know please.

thanks and welcome to the community.

@willa Given our constraints, we need to focus on developing an order system. Therefore it is likely that we will fork openmrs-module-orderentryui first, as suggested by @darius.

Turning OpenMRS into an AngularJS + REST web app is essential and we hope that it will gather a lot of interest from the community because it should! We definitely want to look at it, but it has to be later for us. I’m sorry we cannot pledge any help right now, we have limited resources and we are forced to prioritise.

@judy we are mostly good in java.

FYI – the AMPATH dev team met w/ @florencemayo89 et al on an AMPATH dev call hangout earlier today to discuss the Angular Form projects that AMPATH has been working on. The AMPATH team is going to create a project page to more explicitly define the goals of the project so that @florencemayo89 et al can decide if it’s a good fit for them.

1 Like

@florencemayo89 did not hear back from your team

1 Like

Bummer.   

1 Like

Hi @burke, @judy

I apologize for late replying, It has not been easy to reach all of my team members.

We are going to do the project with AMPATH team and continue with tickets in JIRA ! We will be able to achieve what we want for our university course and contribute to the community at the same time.

We have already started to familiarize with the software and we are waiting for more description about the project from the AMPATH team @willa.

Thank you for the support that everyone has shown us for finding the suitable project, we truly appreciate.

Now we get to work :wink: .

1 Like