Proposed Uganda 2016 date change: What's your opinion?

Hello, @jmpango and @surangak I applaud the move to December. Does this mean participation/registration fee payment dates have also been moved? Logistically, some organizations like ours need funds to be released from abroad which takes a minute. Please let me know when the new deadlines (if there) for registering and paying are set?

Thanks!

Looking forward to a December visit to Uganda!

By the way, i do not see a single trace of this at http://openmrs.org/

Did i just look at the wrong place? :smile:

@dkayiwa I think this is because it was just proposed and being discussed as an option last week. If this is indeed the way forward (which it appears that way) then communications will need to be updated this week.

You’re right. Unfortunately, I dont have rights to openmrs.org. I think Burke has (?) but yes, will try to co-ordinate this with him. @burke is currently in Kenya, so this may take awhile :frowning:

@surangak could there be anyone else on the infrastructure team who has access to openmrs.org? Most people who visit us stop at openmrs.org, and hence having this updated the earliest will be the better!

Are the dates official now? If someone can update om.rs/uganda2016 and the announcement on Talk, then maybe @r0bby or I can figure out how to put something on the homepage.

The content is there. Just have to uncomment it in discourse’s config for custom html, edit the wiki (I can switch the shortened om.rs URL from uganda2016 to omrs16 if people want it done) , and make a blog post on wordpress :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes they are official!

1 Like

Like @dkayiwa said, the dates are now official. Here is the updated advert

I have made changes to the wiki page to reflect the changed dates

3 Likes

@mkhana the payments dates have also moved

1 Like

Talk banner restored.

thanks. is there anything else that we need to modify at this time?

Not to my knowledge. This won’t show on mobile however… but most of the users are on desktops anyways :slight_smile:

I don’t see anything either. I agree it’s a good idea to put something on the home page.

To get something on the openmrs.org website, we need:

• A 960×338 pixel PNG image (like this) – e.g., the official banner ad at this size.

• A one-sentence teaser like:

“Join the OpenMRS Implementers Conference (#OMRS16) in Uganda 6-11 December 2016. Learn more »

If we can get a 960×338 pixel PNG for openmrs.org, we could probably use it on the wiki page as well.

2 Likes

I just checked http://openmrs.org/ and i do not yet see anything about this. Who is in charge of this? :slight_smile:

I think we need a one sentence summary and a 960×338 pixel PNG image from the organising team.

@jmpango/@christine, can one of you send us this?

Once we have that, @burke, @r0bby or myself can update the home page.

Thanks for following up @dkayiwa.

@pascal @christine @surangak below is the requested PNG image

1 Like

@pascal , @jmpango and @surangak , Below is the sentence summary:

Ministry of Health Uganda in conjunction with OpenMRS community welcomes you to attend the 2016 OpenMRS Implementers Meeting in Uganda on 6th -11th Dec 2016. For more details visit http://om.rs/uganda2016 and also tweet/follow @ #OMRS16.

1 Like

do we still need the PNG image? Christine, do we have that if we still do? thanks