Problems starting modules

I first used the openmrs-sdk and i pasted the .omod files of all the modules (openmrs > modules). I wanted to use. On running mvn openmrs-sdk:run, Openmrs browser starts successfully and i login with User: admin, Password: Admin123.

But on clicking on the manage modules App (System Administration > manage modules), i get this error shown below.

When i click on the Advanced Administration (System Administration >Advanced Administration) i get this error at pastebin and my browser looks like this: I resorted to using the openmrs-starndalone and i downloaded referenceapplication-standalone-2.9.0. I used tomcat and deployed it. I also followed the implementer`s installation page on the Openmrs wiki page. and after the installation was complete, i got a sreen shown below
I cant tell why or were i went wrong.

Any help is much appreciated.

I want to believe the problem is clear that the issue is coming from sync2 module…could u try removing that omod and restart the server.

i was getting the same error (without the statement “There was an error starting the module: Sync2 Module”) even before i had pasted the .omod file in the modules folder.

@jnsereko The error is caused by missing modules that sync2 module depends on. Sync2 module depends AtomFeed module for synchronizing Patient and related metadata. Is there a probability you didn’t run the AtomFeed module prior?

1 Like

Thinking of this, I dont have AtomFeed, FHIR modules. let me try to clone, build and deply them and contact u there after.

As you do it ensure you first install the AtomFeed module first before the sync2 module.

Point noted. Thanks @jwnasambu.

Hello @jwnasambu, i am sorry for the delay in giving feedback. I hard issues with electricity.

I have cloned, built, and pasted the .omod files of modules, AtomFeed And FHIR but the error still remains. when i navigate to Advanced Administration (System Administration >Advanced Administration)

Any more suggestions??

cc @ibacher

Do you have the Atlas module installed? Also, if you’re trying to run the Sync2 module, make sure you have the FHIR (https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-fhir) module rather than the FHIR2 module.

Thanks @ibacher,

Yes it is installed.

I had not taken concentration on that but the name of the folder i cloned is “openmrs-module-fhir”, I think i cloned the right repository. :roll_eyes:

Sounds right to me… I was just noticing that the error message you showed seemed to show an issue with the Atlas module not being started… or maybe I read that message incorrectly.

1 Like

Maybe its because i have never used the Atlas Module. I have been seeing it but i have never tried it out. Let me try again and see if i can start it.

Hello @ibacher, i have been trying to start the atlas module ever since you gave me that advise. When it failed on the sdk, i was tried it on the stand-alone but on both platforms, it gives me the following error after signing in with my Openmrs ID

However, i can add on a location and even edit the location.

Anyways I was able to start Sync 2 module using the reference-application-standanone 2.9.0. Thank you all for the support.

Am now trying to create the child and parent instances

cc @reagan @ibacher, @jwnasambu

If am to back track abit I feel like the way u may have used the sdk to create the server has some questions…Did you follow the steps given here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+SDK#OpenMRSSDK-Settingupservers rather than manually copying and adding the modules? These steps ensure that the right modules are deployed.

1 Like

No but i hard read about the page before. Anyways, i had used the developers manual and the implement`s guide.