Problem with openmrs-standalone.jar

Hi, I apologize for asking such a basic question, but hopefully the answer will be easy. I have installed the standalone OpenMRS on my Lenevo Thinkpad. I downloaded, and extracted all files from the Zip folder, while having java version “17.0.2”. I also restarted the computer just in case it mattered. Now when I right click on “openmrs-standalone” and Open with Java ™ Platform SE binary, nothing happens whatsoever. I tried, on command prompt to change to the directory of the extracted standalone and type this command:

java -jar openmrs-standalone.jar

and it gave me the the following error:

Attempting to load properties file in current directory: openmrs-standalone-runtime.properties Using runtime properties file: openmrs-standalone-runtime.properties Unrecognized VM option ‘PermSize=256m’ Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit. Exit:1 [MysqldResource] Mysqld not running. No file: C:\referenceapplication-standalone-2.12.2\database\data\MysqldResource.pid

Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you. Charbel.

Reference Application - 2.12 - Standalone Edition 341.2 MB at sourceforge.net · Released 17-December-2021 Linux, Mac OS X, Windows · [Release Notes]

C:\Users\Charbel>java -version java version “17.0.2” 2022-01-18 LTS Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.2+8-LTS-86) Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.2+8-LTS-86, mixed mode, sharing)

@charbel you try java versions between 8-15 and see if you still face the same issue

is this valid:

Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 15

And is it okay to add this version file path to “Environment variables > user variables” (if yes under what name)? Same question for this version bin file path to “Environment variables > System variables > Path”? Knowing that the current java version “17.0.2” file path is present in “user variables” under the name “JAVA_HOME”, and the bin file path is present in “Path”.

I sincerely appreciate the assistance, and am deeply sorry for such basic questions or english related errors. Thank you. Charbel.

hello @charbel ,i am using ubuntu on my machine but if you are running on windows, you can look up some resources on how this is done , i came across this , hope it can be of help.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you very much.