Problem With Language codification

the openelis plataform dont recognize the letter ñ and other symbols, how i can fix this Problem? Im using BBEDIT with this Configuration UTF-8 y Windows(CLRF)

Hi patsotoe, Please run the below command for the language property file you have added in openElis and share the output here. file -i <propertiesFile> You can find the property file in /opt/bahmni-lab/bahmni-lab/WEB-INF/classes folder.

im in the folder of classes and i ejecute the Command file-i this i get

: file [-bchikLNnprsvz0] [–apple] [–mime-encoding] [–mime-type] [-e testname] [-F separator] [-f namefile] [-m magicfiles] file … file -C [-m magicfiles] file [–help]

Hi patsotoe, Please run the below command and paste the output. file -i MessageResources_es.properties

thanks this the result of run the query MessageResources.properties: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Run the below commands to rename MessageResources_es.properties to MessageResources_es_utf8.properties and change the file format from UTF-8 to ASCII. Restart the bahmni-lab service.

1. mv MessageResources_es.properties MessageResources_es_utf8.properties

2. native2ascii -encoding UTF-8 MessageResources_es_utf8.properties MessageResources_es.properties

3. service bahmni-lab restart

Hope this will solve the issue.

the seccond step i have this error

-bash: native2ascii: command not found

Any help please?

Hi,

Please try if this helps.

Hi, As swathivarkala mentioned, make sure native2ascii is there in the path. Or you can try below online tools to convert from UTF-8 to ASCII like http://native2ascii-online.appspot.com/, http://native2ascii.net/

1 Like

thanks for your help, finally i use the online converter and works well. But now i have problem with the name exams, how i can fix this i attach the photos for you can see the better the Problem.

Hi @patsotoe, Good to hear that. [quote=“patsotoe, post:11, topic:8470”] But now i have problem with the name exams, [/quote]

Can you please share more details about the issue…