Problem while solving UI Framework error

Every time I encounter a UI framework error I’m having to create a new server using SDK to make things work. How do I use the same server without having to create a new one?

Thank you,

Haripriya.

@haripriya are u able to trace the server id(name) and the port on which its deployed ? if yes then tracing the former server that you used before would be easy. For the list of all the servers you have created go the the openmrs folder on your local disk©

The issue I am facing is that every time I encounter UI Framework error, I am having to create a new server. Is there some way by which I can use the same server instead of creating a new one when I encounter UI Framework error? :slight_smile:

@haripriya kindly list the server-Id and the respective port on which its deployed before encountering the UI framework error here and are you using the sdk to create your server ?

Server id- server port- 8082. Yes I’m using SDK to create server :slight_smile:

Does the error happen only after your local changes? In other words, if you revert your local changes, does the application load well?

@haripriya as you respond to Dan"s questions, kindly use unique server id name for each server that you create. Running and debugging servers

You can run any server with:

mvn openmrs-sdk:run -DserverId=myserver

If you do not specify the serverId parameter, then you will be presented with a list of previously setup servers:

You have the following servers::

1. conceptdictionary
  2. platform-1-11-7
  3. platform-1-11-5

Which one do you choose? [1/2/3]:

By default a server is started on port 8080 so you should be able to access it opening up http://localhost:8080/openmrs in your browser. You can change the port by specifying -Dport=8081 .

Before running the server make sure that the classpath to your JDBC driver is properly configured.

The SDK runs OpenMRS on embedded Tomcat 7.0.6 , which you do not have to install, because it is bundled with the SDK. By default it uses -Xmx768m and -XX:MaxPermSize=512m for memory settings. You can increase those settings by defining MAVEN_OPTS=“-Xmx768m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m” in your system properties or in a run configuration in your IDE. If you specify lower values, they will be increased to the default values as they are required to run OpenMRS.

If you execute the run command from a directory with a module or openmrs-core project, it will be automatically deployed before starting up the server. You can add the following run configuration to the IDE to build, deploy and run the project:

mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run -DserverId=myserver

1 Like

When I used 2.10.0 Reference Application Snapshot. The UI framework error appeared even on reverting the changes and crashed more frequently. Yesterday I loaded the 2.9.0 RA Snapshot. This seems to be comparatively more stable and seems to be working on reverting the changes.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @gcliff :slight_smile: The issue seems to have fixed.

ok that’s cool @haripriya good work and all you did was to downgrade to RA 2.9.0?

1 Like

Yes @gcliff. Things seemed to work better after downgrading to RA 2.9.0 :slight_smile:

then you can work with that one @haripriya :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like