[SOLVED] Preferred Identifier - Patient Registration + Removing Automatic Assignment Question

I am using the Reference Application based Registration Page, and I am stuck in two areas when using my manually assigned identifier for the app defined in the JSON file :

1. I get an error requesting me to select a preferred identifier when I am saving - not sure where I can configure this, since my identifier is the primary idenifier type defined in the global property emr.primaryIdentifierType

2. I would like to get rid of the question asking me if I want to automatically assign the identifier since it is manually entered

3. Is it possible for me to validate the Regex of the manually entered patient number via Javascript since this is defined in the Patient Identifier configuration

4. Is an OpenMRS id also assigned to the patient I have created even if it is not configured in the emr.extraPatientIdentifierTypes global variable?

5. How can I add more than one manual patient identifier that can be manually entered?

{ “id”: “aijar.registrationapp.registerPatient”, “instanceOf”: “registrationapp.registerPatient”, “label”: “aijar.registrationapp.registerpatient.label”, “description”: “aijar.registrationapp.registerpatient.description”, “extensions”: [ { “id”: “aijar.registrationapp.registerPatient.homepageLink”, “extensionPointId”: “org.openmrs.referenceapplication.homepageLink”, “type”: “link”, “label”: “aijar.registrationapp.registerpatient.label”, “url”: “registrationapp/registerPatient.page?appId=aijar.registrationapp.registerPatient”, “icon”: “icon-user”, “order”: 1, “requiredPrivilege”: “App: registrationapp.registerPatient” } ], “config”: { “allowUnknownPatients”: false, “allowRetrospectiveEntry”: true, “allowManualIdentifier”:true, “afterCreatedUrl”: “/coreapps/clinicianfacing/patient.page?patientId={{patientId}}” } }

Can you restart tomcat and see if it has any effects on any of the above?

@dkayiwa no changes on Tomcat restart

What is your primary identifier type? Is its uuid the one defined for the “emr.primaryIdentifierType” setting? Just cross check.

@dkayiwa yes it is. A manually entered identified backed by a validation regex. When the correct format for the identifier is entered the select preferred identifier validation rule is triggered.

If you look at the legacy interface there is a radio button across all entered identifiers so that one can be entered as the preferred one.

I am wondering whether I have to add the OpenMRS ID uuid in the ear.additionalidentifiers parameter

(Not paying close attention to this topic, but…)

The idea is that an OpenMRS ID is generated for every patient on every Reference Application installation, regardless of whether you show this in the UI or not.

@dkayiwa @darius Thanks for your help, I traced my issue which was to do with having identifiers which were required but had no entry options. So we made them optional and entered on other forms within the patient flow.

Resolved through this ticket https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RA-1375 which allows identifiers that are not required to be left empty in the Registration app

This has really helped me. Thanks a lot.

1 Like