Patient RegistationPhoto does not Save

I am sorry for reopening this but the work around (setenforce 0) proposed by zoulouky does not seem to work in my Vagrant Box implemtation.

Hello Paul, Please provide more information. The key issue is that software developers need to be able to reproduce your problem on their local machines to be able to identify the cause of the problem and to test potential resolutions.

  • Can you find some interesting information in the log files?
  • In which thread did zoulouky provide you the tip with disabling SE Linux?
  • Is SE Linux also disabled in your Bahmni configuration? Type in this command to check it: cat /etc/bahmni-installer/setup.yml

Currently I have no running Bahmni installation so I cannot navigate so I cannot tell you any more details than this: after logging in to your Bahmni installation you could do something similar to this

cd /var/log
find .
less ./openmrs/openmrs/log
# etc

(See wiki page Troubleshooting Installation Issues)

This is how I would structure a problem report:


Thanks for the response. I guess I thought if the problem had been raised and solved before it was just an understanding thing on my part or maybe an issue of repeating the solution.


The setenforce 0 turns off SE Linux and is confirmed by cat /etc/bahmni-installer/setup.yml, but the problem persists.

Attached is the log file where we seem to have some start up errors but nothing reported at the point of saving the photo.

I had to change the file type to enable upload…

openmrslog.txt (2.0 MB)

janux I wonder if you have had time to look at this or could give me a clue as to where to go next/

I have eventually tracked down the folder that holds the pics and they have clearly been stored and so the issue seems to be one of retrieval.

Hi @mafrica, Can you check the owner of the /home/bahmni/patient_images folder once. ll /home/bahmni

Thanks for taking the time:

[vagrant@localhost registration]$ ll /home/bahmni/ total 84 drwxr-xr-x. 2 bahmni bahmni 4096 Feb 28 07:54 document_images -rw------- 1 bahmni bahmni 54258 May 12 04:54 nohup.out drwxr-xr-x. 2 bahmni bahmni 4096 Feb 28 07:54 patient_images drwxrwxr-x. 7 root root 4096 Dec 13 00:18 pgbackrest-release-1.12 drwxr-xr-x. 2 bahmni bahmni 4096 Feb 28 08:01 reports drwxr-xr-x. 4 bahmni bahmni 4096 Feb 28 08:05 uploaded-files drwxr-xr-x. 2 bahmni bahmni 4096 Feb 28 07:54 uploaded_results

As I mentioned above I set setenforce 0 which I guess overrides all this?

Hi @mafrica, Can you run the below command to check the SELinux status and share the output. sestatus

[vagrant@localhost openmrs]$ sestatus SELinux status: disabled [vagrant@localhost openmrs]$

I suspect the problem is a more deep seated as i have other issues with eg the failure to produce reports.

The openmrs.log file is littered with error messages which i am afraid are well beyond by competence to understand, but it would appear that a number of services are not running. I will attach once more a representative copy of the log. I am afraid my implementation is at a dead stop until I can rebuild confidence that I can eliminate these problems.openmrslog.txt (2.0 MB)

Hi @mafrica, Can you restart the openmrs service once and share the log file. Please follow the below steps.

service openmrs stop
mv openmrs.log openmrs.log.bck
service openmrs start

Everything seemed to start quite tidily and then I logged on and made a simple patient search that seems to generate a whole raft of messages including some severe errors.

Here is the file:openmrslognew.txt (2.3 MB)

Fixed: the vagrant distro does not contain the Global variable emr.personImagesDirectory . Creating this and setting to /home/bahmni/patient_images as in the demo config fixed the problem