Packaging OpenMRS core

I get this when doing mvn clean install on openmrs-core project [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.5.2: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:pom:2.5.2 from/to openmrs-repo (http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public): Received fatal alert: protocol_version -> [Help 1] could it be that resource was moved from that location? has anyone else encountered that? @dkayiwa

I get the same error when I try to load the SDK [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.5.2

What does this command return? mvn -v

Apache Maven 3.3.9 Maven home: /usr/share/maven Java version: 1.7.0_95, vendor: Oracle Corporation Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8 OS name: “linux”, version: “4.15.0-70-generic”, arch: “amd64”, family: “unix”

Can you switch to Java 8?

I have tried even that but same error persist

What does this command return? mvn -v