Overhaul The User Management Dashboard

Hi, Robert!

I tried to use this function to get user list

I pass ‘*’ as username, and next attributes:

[ userAttr.username, userAttr.firstname, userAttr.lastname, userAttr.displayname, userAttr.email, userAttr.password ]

but it returns ‘undefined’. What I am doing wrong? What is the right way to get the users list? Thanks.

Also, did you see the UI? Your notes?

Let’s define key features:

• Getting list of users;
  • Filters, pagination, etc (options for manipulations with list view);
  • Updating one/multiple users (user groups, fix missing LDAP/Mongo entries/ sending links for resetting password);

What else ?

@plypy – you have any ideas?

Sorry – took a small break. UI is fine for now, I’m more concerned with functionality.

Features should also include the ability to activate user accounts in the event verification fails (for whatever reason), with the right groups added (formage fails miserably in this regard)

1 Like

Can you add more details about, what do you mean?

So there’s a checkbox that says whether or not the account is active. It successfully activates the account when I tick the box, but fails to add the LDAP groups (at least in formage for me). When you verify the email, that is when the LDAP add operation occurs.

1 Like

Activation means adding some defaults groups for users, and setting flag ‘locked’ to false, right?

Basically, yes.

What groups we have to add, can you mention?

@dmytro.trifonov, you’ll need to use ldapjs, this is a link to the guide. The code @plypy wrote gets one user, you need to get more than one user. ldapjs has examples.

Good luck.

1 Like

This is the user registration workflow (@plypy made it):

Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

Added option to get ALL users from ldap to ldap.js, here is my PR

Commented and edited my initial comment, go have a look. TL;DR: this isn’t good in that it broke some of the tests. When you write new code like this, have tests to cover them.

Trying to fix my PR - but there are next errors:

[2016-07-28 00:19:24.894] [ERROR] console - 1) ldap #getUser() "before all" hook: EntryAlreadyExistsError: Entry Already Exists

test doesn’t clean test data after? have to do it manually…

Btw, fixed it :slight_smile:

Merging your code tonight. How’s your progress?

I haven’t heard anything, are things going good?

HI Robert! Yes, everything is fine, I just took some days for the rest on the sea :slight_smile:

Btw, I found one thing, when I tested REST: I make login request, then I am trying to get data from REST, everyrhing is fine. But after reloading page I must do login request again, but I expected that after fist login user auth data will stored in session, isn’t it?

1 Like

Taking time off is okay – you’re on schedule as far as I can tell – gotta test your work still but you’re doing a good job :slight_smile:

1 Like