OpenMRS Reference Application 2.8.0 released!

@jwnasambu Congs, thanks for the perseverence.

Thank @jwnasambu for getting this out!

On the release notes page, the “Checkout JIRA Issues here” link points to a reference application 2.6 ticket instead of the list that made it into 2.8

The release date is also missing on the release notes page.

Still on the release notes pages, under “Highlights of Reference Application 2.8.0”, you should also include the features listed on the road map https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Technical+Road+Map

Congrats, thanks @jwnasambu and all the contributors

dkayiwa thanks for pointing out the issues am trying to work on them by still my head is too saturated but i promise to embark on it as soon as possible.

I have created the link pointing out the RefApp 2.8 tickets but still the 2.6 ticket is reflected. How can i solve it i have tried several means all in vain.

@jwnasambu thanks for your leadership in this release. Thanks to the community contributors for all of their engagement.

1 Like

@jwnasambu can you check that link again?

Secondly, did you also “7. Release in JIRA” as per the instructions here? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+Reference+Application+Release+Process

Congs @jwnasambu, great work

1 Like

Yes i released on Jira

@jwnasambu are all the tickets in the ACCEPTED state?

No. I have a total of 17 tickets in this release. 10 are in ACCEPTED state, 5 WAITING FOR TEST and 2 in a WAITING FOR SHOWCASE state. What should i do with the 7 which are not in ACCEPTED state?

Releasing in JIRA is done when all tickets in the to be released version are tested and accepted. Can you look at each of the not accepted tickets and find out why they are still in that state?

Hi @jwnasambu

I just installed the RefApp 2.8.0 into my local instance.

Did you actually include the SysAdmin OWA v1.1 into RefApp 2.8.0 release?

• I can see, you have updated the SysAdmin OWA version to 1.1 in the RefApp pom.xml file
  • I can see the “Manage Modules”, “System Information”, and “Manage Schedulers” big buttons in the System Administration home page.

But when I clicked those buttons, I got the 404 error. Then I checked the OWA Manager (System Administration → Advanced Administration → OpenWebApps Module → Manage Apps). I can’t see the SysAdmin OWA at there.

Without having the actual OWA, How can we try those features through the button provided in the Home Page?

Please check whether it happened only for me or it was a bug in the release.

CC : @dkayiwa

Thanks.

@suthagar23 are you able to reproduce this on the demo server?

@dkayiwa In the https://demo.openmrs.org, It’s working without any failures.

But Just before, I installed another fresh RefApp 2.8.0 thorugh mvn openmrs-sdk:setup command. Still I’m facing the issue. I can’t access the SysAdmin OWA. Any reasons behind this?

@suthagar23 If I’ve understood your issue correctly, one way to verify this would be to go to the location of your server files and check if the modules are there or not.

Update: I verified this myself and it looks like @suthagar23 is right. I installed the Ref App 2.8 using the OpenMRS SDK.

Update: I verified this myself and it looks like @suthagar23 is right. I installed the Ref App 2.8 using the OpenMRS SDK.

Seems it should be fixed immediately Since we have attached this to the Administration Home Page.

CC : @dkayiwa @jwnasambu

congs @jwnasambu upon this

1 Like