Currently, limited quality assurance on the technical side of the software release is available to the OpenMRS community; little support is available to conduct structured and repeatable in-depth end to end testing of products. In addition, there is no support to conduct structured user acceptance testing that would help ensure that a release that meets the requirements from the implementation community.
The OpenMRS community aims to increase the quality of our products by ensuring products meet specified functional requirements. This will be accomplished by a team dedicated to developing a more robust QA process that includes fully documented test scripts for end to end testing and a supporting automated test framework to conduct these tests.
OpenMRS, Inc is seeking a Quality Assurance Lead to join our community to strengthen our quality assurance tools and processes. This position is part-time for approximately 12 months.
OpenMRS Inc. is a non-profit created solely to support the OpenMRS Community in our mission to improve health care delivery in resource-constrained environments by creating a robust, scalable, user-driven, open source medical record system platform.
- Organize, consolidate, and scale the large portfolio of existing, documented manual test scripts and anonymous data sets for testing the suite of OpenMRS products.
- Identify and write manual test scenarios for human testing of software products
- Provide oversight, coordination, and business analysis for the development team to develop an automated end to end testing framework.
- Coordinate the community and the development team to publish full documentation of the automated test framework
- Create and publish a SOP for Implementer Acceptance Testing for software releases.
- Create and publish the process for utilizing the framework for software releases and gaining implementer acceptance testing for OpenMRS product software releases
- Coordinate with the OpenMRS community to incorporate a) framework improvements into the product development roadmap, and b) the process into the community development and release process
- Identify an OpenMRS software release to test the automated test framework and the QA SOP as part of the QA process.
- Identify 1-2 implementers from the implementation community to follow the user acceptance test process as part of the software release of the identified product.
- Use pilot test results to document improvements to the framework and the acceptance test process, and create a roadmap of prioritized improvements for the QA process and tools
- Facilitate sessions on quality assurance, tools, and processes.
- 2-4 years of experience developing manual and/or automated test scripts
- Experience with QA processes and methodologies
- Experience with collaborating with Project Managers and Developers
- Experience with using test management tools
- Dedication to the OpenMRS mission, vision, and values
- Programming skills/experience relevant to OpenMRS programming
- Project and program management experience (i.e., resource planning skills and abilities to delegate and hold others accountable)
- Good communication skills
- Experience with project management software (including OpenMRS ticketing)
- Ability to work well with people of different cultures and in different timezones
- Able to work remotely and comfortable with using online collaborative tools (e.g., Google docs, VOIP, screen sharing, etc.)
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and resume that addresses the responsibilities and skills outlined above.
- Send your information to jobs[@]openmrs.org
- For more information on OpenMRS, please see our web site