OpenMRS presence at FISL 16

Hey community! I’d like to know from you guys who is located in South America and discuss the possibility of an OpenMRS presence at FISL. Cheers,

Hola todos! Me gustaria saber quiénes son las personas de la comunidad que habitan en Sudamerica para hablarmos acerca de la possibilidad de participar del FISL. Gracias!

Olá! Quem de vocês á usando o OpenMRS na América do Sul? Vamos conversar sobre a possibilidade de participar do FISL? Até!

2 Likes

Taking a look at the OpenMRS Atlas, it seems there are some people in Latin America using OpenMRS. How accurate is it?

• Chile
  • eHealth Systems
  • Peru
  • Jaime Hablutzel
  • Panama
  • Jurgen Fink
  • Haiti
  • @darius
  • @arbaughj
1 Like

Dear @emerson, I am not aware of anyone in Haiti using Bahmni. PIH and the organization in Jeremie use the OpenMRS 2.x line.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, @arbaughj. I corrected my mistake. I’m interested to know about OpenMRS use in Latin America!

In December, I had reached out to Jaime Hablutzel about the Peru implementation and he said “not involved anymore, I implemented it just as a prototype for “Anatomical pathology” department in “Daniel A. Carrion” hospital”. I am helping some folks in Peru that want to implement OpenMRS, so I would be interested if you are looking at doing some work there?

2 Likes

Hi Emerson, My name is Joaquin Blaya and I’m one of the founders of eHealth Systems (eHS) and looking at your site we are looking to see if we go to the conference. Could we email offline to talk about this? My email is jblaya@ehs.cl and please copy our COO Pedro Munoz pmunoz@ehs.cl

1 Like

That is true, 4 years now that I’m only involved in PKI (digital certificates and digital signatures) related work, but I don’t know, maybe some day I will have the chance to apply this experience on some OpenMRS related work as I remember the project to be really well designed from a technical perspective :smile:

2 Likes

@janflowers: No plan to work with Peru. This topic is more about trying to find the OpenMRS community in South America and see if there’s value in meeting at FISL. If you have this contacts in Peru and they want to go there, then we can talk to the organization to have an OpenMRS space or something like that.

@jblaya: Email sent!

1 Like