OpenMRS Platform demo dataset tables to store lab test results, diagnosis

Hello?

I am a new member to openMRS and am looking for an answer to my question.

I was wondering if I could ask the openMRS community which tables in OpenMRS Platform demo dataset are to store lab test results and diagnosis.

Your responses or comments would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

They are stored in the obs table.

Thank you for your response.

Based on openMRS guide, I noticed that obs table or observation include lab test results. However, from obs table, I was not able to find a field or column name that indicate diagnosis or lab test result. From the demo dataset, I had a hard time to search for a data that has demo diagnosis or lab test result. Because of that, I was not sure if it would be okay to add more fields in obs table for diagnosis or lab test result.

But combining the openmrs guide and your comment, I guess it would be okay to add more fields in obs table for diagnosis or lab test result. Is my guess reasonable? Your responses or comments would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

In the next platform release (version 2.2) diagnosis will be stored in the encounter_diagnosis table. https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-5015

For lower versions of the platform, they are all in the obs table. When looking for data in the obs table, the first step would be to know the id of the concept representing your diagnosis or lab test. Then the column to look for data will depend on the data type of the value (numeric, text, date, coded, etc)