OpenMRS Platform 2.3.1 Released

Hello all… just a quick note that the OpenMRS Platform 2.3.1 has been released. This is a minor maintenance release of the 2.3.x line with a few updates. Details can be found here:

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Platform+Release+Notes+2.3.1

Note that the starting with the next release, the REST web services module will require 2.3.1 for those running the 2.3.x line (ie REST web services will no longer compatible with Core/Platform 2.3.0).

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release (and to all releases)!

Take care, Mark

4 Likes

Thanks @mogoodrich for the release! :slight_smile:

Do you mind giving some more light in regards to what will make the next release of the REST web services module require platform 2.3.1? Am asking mostly because this is the first time we are going to have to maintain two release lines of a critical platform module like REST. One for those running platform 2.3.1 and above, while the other is for those running lower platform versions.

2 Likes

Sorry, to be clear @dkayiwa we will not have to maintain two separate versions of REST web services, something that we would very much want to avoid.

The change I made was that the 2.3.x submodule of REST requieres Core 2.3.1, so, basically if you are running the 2.3.x line and want to upgrade REST you’ll need to upgrade from Core 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 (which is a fairly minor upgrade). Users of versions of Core before 2.3.x should be unaffected.

There was precedent for this, so I figured it was okay. For instance, the 2.0.x line requires 2.0.7 currently:

Take care, Mark

Oh i see! Thanks for the clarification. :slight_smile: