OpenMRS Platform 2.0.5 is released!

Hi All,

OpenMRS Platform 2.0.5 is released!

For download instructions and details in this release, take a look at the release notes.

Thanks for everyone who made it happen!

3 Likes

Please note that Platform 2.0.4.1 was deleted since it didn’t follow our adopted versioning scheme. Please use 2.0.5 instead.

-1. We released this, and it was our recommended download version of the platform for 2.5 months. It’s not okay to just delete it.

We can put a big note in the README saying not to download this, but we should not delete it.

I deleted it following the practice set by deleting 2.0.3 and 2.0.4. I think it should be deleted from mavenrepo anyway as it breaks version ordering. I’m fine with letting it stay on sourceforge, if others agree. Just let me know and I revert.

2.0.3 was deleted (from sourceforge) after 3 days because it wasn’t correctly done (e.g. it did not include bundled modules). 2.0.4 was never put on sourceforge IIRC; and they’re both still in maven.

If you think it’s necessary for consistency to put 2.0.3 back on sourceforge, with a note saying why not to use it, we can do that.

But 2.0.4.1 was correctly done (besides its version number) and it was our official latest release for 2.5 months. I can’t see the download stats since you deleted it from sourceforge, but I think Bahmni is/was relying on it during this period. So…please put it back.

Where does this problem manifest? When I search for “openmrs-api-2” on artifactory and page through the results, they are sorted correctly (2.0.4.1 between 2.0.4 and 2.0.5). I agree that maven would have trouble distinguishing within 2.0.4., but it should not have a problem correctly sorting 2.0.4. being after 2.0.3 and before 2.0.5.

My strong vote is to not delete this from maven. (And, as I said above, to put it back in sourceforge.)

1 Like

I personally don’t think we should be deleting released versions but I can leave with deleting it in github and maven as long as it exists in sourceforge

@raff could the deletion be the cause of SDK 3.8.2 being unavailable? I have noticed a couple of my builds breaking

The problem was manifesting itself in SDK at SDK fails with "Invalid server platform version"?, which uses the ArtifactDefaultVersion maven class for handling versions. To be 100% sure the version is handled correctly we would have to check edge cases e.g. if 2.0.4.1 is considered lower than 2.0.10 consistently across different maven versions.

Also I’m not sure about OpenMRS methods such as ModuleUtil.compareVersions. Peeking at code in master it does seem to be able to handle it, but I haven’t found any tests for such a format…

Anyway I don’t have time to investigate it further. Reverted the version on sourceforge. I won’t delete it from maven. If anyone hits any issue, hopefully finds this thread and uses 2.0.5 instead.

No. SDK is deployed to maven central. 3.8.2 was never synced there though (fixed it now). 3.9.0 is already available.