openmrs-module-reportingdemo couldn't run in the latest openmrs environment

Hi,

I am trying to deploy the openmrs-module-reportingdemo into my local openmrs latest reference application. I was trying to deploy this .omod manually copying it into the AppData/openmrs/serverId/modules location.

When I started the server, I could login and go to administration page. There it showed me that I don’t have below modules in my server. Therefore openmrs-module-reportingdemo didn’t started properly.

• logic 0.5.2,
  • groovy 2.2.4,
  • namephonetics 1.5,
  • addresshierarchy 2.7,
  • htmlformentry19ext 1.6.1

I have downloaded all those modules with exact same versions (some of those modules had newer versions, but I took the exact versions which was requesting). I copied those downloded .omod modules into my server and restarted. Then I am getting the following error when I try to hit localhost:8080/openmrs

https://hastebin.com/lepegawugu.pas

@raff @ssmusoke Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

HTTP Status 500 - Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: public java.util.Map org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernateSessionFactoryBean.interceptors; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [org.openmrs.module.addresshierarchy.web.controller.portlet.AddressLayoutPortletController] for bean with name 'ahAddressLayoutPortletController' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Users/Jude/openmrs/test123/.openmrs-lib-cache/addresshierarchy/addresshierarchy.jar!/webModuleApplicationContext.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openmrs/web/controller/layout/AddressLayoutPortletController

Are you running this on platform 2.x? If yes, do you have the legacyui module installed?

Yes, I’m on platform 2.x. Also I have the legacyui module. :neutral_face:

Does your module have an aware of for the legacyui module? https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-xforms/blob/master/omod/src/main/resources/config.xml#L28

@judeniroshan, it may take some time to get the module running on the latest version of Reference Application. Maybe you could setup a specific version of RA that @mseaton used when he developed the module. Anyway, you do not really need to run it, do you? It’s just to give you code examples.

Yeah, it took around 10 minutes to start the server. I will try to setup a separate server with platform version 1.9 and check this.

Actually, I wanted to see how the reports will be displaying and how the demo report works. Totally for my curiosity and it would gain some background knowledge too. :grinning: