OpenMRS DB is not connecting

Application Name: I was trying to setup OpenMRS application using AWS cloud. I have installed Tomcat on one RHEL 8 machine (OpenMRS_Frontend). Also, on second RHEL 8 machine, I installed my MySQL DB (OpenMRS_Backend). All the installation and configuration were done and I can able to access to webpage. But I couldn’t connect to OpenMRS DB server.

Version Number: mysqld.service - MySQL 8.0 database server Server version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.44

Please help me to resolve this issue. Also, please let me know if you need any information. Note: Tomcat & MySQL DB is running on 2 different servers.

Thanks in Advance !

1 Like

The version of platform you are using is not compatible with mysql 8,use platform 2.4.0 and find it here OpenMRS - Browse /releases/OpenMRS_Platform_2.4.0 at SourceForge.net

This helped me when i had the same issue Set Up OpenMRS Server - #13 by dkayiwa

Basing on the error you have, you need mysql 5.6. to run platform 2.3.3. Mysql 8.0. is for platform 2.4. and above.

Yes… I tried with Platform 2.4.0, no luck… getting the same issue.

Installation Steps.txt (2.1 KB)

I’m a newbie to MySQL DB installation & OpenMRS setup. I have attached my installation steps here. Could you please review once and resolve my issue.

Let me know if you need any info.

Thanks in Advance !

Note: mysqld.service - MySQL 8.0 database server, Server version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.44

Yes. I tried with Platform 2.4.0 still issue exists

Share the server side log via pastebin.com

Hi @dkayiwa… Please dont get me wrong… I’m a newbie to this … Could you please help and guide me for picking the server side log… Dont know where I can take…

(Are you saying Tomcat logs ?)

Yes it is!

Hi @dkayiwa … Sorry for the delay…

pwd

/opt/Tomcat/logs

ls -lrt

-rw-r-----. 1 root root 0 Apr 7 16:41 manager.2021-04-07.log -rw-r-----. 1 root root 0 Apr 7 16:41 host-manager.2021-04-07.log -rw-r-----. 1 root root 4080 Apr 7 17:09 localhost.2021-04-07.log -rw-r-----. 1 root root 391748 Apr 7 17:09 catalina.2021-04-07.log -rw-r-----. 1 root root 398976 Apr 7 17:19 catalina.out -rw-r-----. 1 root root 22164 Apr 7 17:20 localhost_access_log.2021-04-07.txt

From the below link, you can able to see this log file => localhost_access_log.2021-04-07.txt https://pastebin.com/raw/5gFML5qQ

Please let me know if you need any information.Installation Steps.txt (2.3 KB)

[Shared my Installation steps as well]

Share a pastebin link for the contents of catalina.out

@dkayiwa Pastebin link for catalina.out => https://pastebin.com/raw/G7cz4TH1

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks for all your do!

Try connect to your mysql instance from command line.

I can able to connect mysql instance. Please help further.

Note: Right now, Tomcat and MySQL are running on same instance (means both running on same machine)

Can you share what you provided for each of the openmrs setup wizard screens?

1 Like

Hi @dkayiwa … Please find the screenshots of openmrs setup wizard screens… Please help further…

Kindly let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks for all your do !

[Note: Right now, Tomcat and MySQL are running on same instance (means both running on same machine) Also, I have attached my installation steps. Please refer.]

Installation Steps.txt (2.3 KB)

Kindly try using the new password as admin and password as Admin123 and share the output.

On your third setup screen, replace the ip address with localhost

1 Like

Hi @jwnasambu @dkayiwa I tried with the passwd you suggested (Admin123) and in my 3rd OpenMRS wizard screen, I replaced the ip addr. with localhost…

Now, DB creation has been started and its loading for more time… Please help me to complete this setup…

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Hi @dkayiwa @jwnasambu After taking long time for DB creation… now, I am ended up with the below error…

Could you please help me to complete this setup… Thanks for all your do !