Continuing the discussion from Developers Forum 2017-04-06 - Cancelled:
Where did you find the OpenMRS Community Meetings Google Calendar? I couldn’t find it documented on the wiki.
Our calendaring seems to be a bit chaotic.
- I have now have two different “OpenMRS Events” Google calendars
- There are at least a few Confluence team calendars here, here, and here. I think @jthomas may have been tending to the Events calendar, but I don’t know how broadly it is used. I’m not sure how much the others are maintained or used.
- Apparently, there’s an OpenMRS Community Meetings Google Calendar too.
- UPDATE: I did a little more digging and discovered that there’s are two calendars within our Google organization: (1) “Vacations and Holidays” and (2) “Leadership Team” (I think the latter was created long ago to try and help coordinate travel plans for leadership camps or other meetups).
We actually brought this up on last Monday’s PM call and @jeffneiman was going to try to help better organize our calendars and has made it an agenda item for today’s leadership call. I think Jeff may have started creating more Google calendars (may be why I now have two “OpenMRS Events” calendars in Google). Perhaps we should start be figuring out what we have and what people are using.
- Try sharing a single OpenMRS Events Calendar (or just OpenMRS Calendar) for all OpenMRS-related meetings, scrums, demonstrations, etc. Could include events relevant to OpenMRS (e.g., OSCON, GSoC Mentor Summit, etc.) to avoid creating another calendar for these.
- Distribute management as much as possible.
- Anyone hosting a OpenMRS-related sprint or doing a demonstration should be able to get it onto the calendar.
- Keep it updated (as you suggest) with cancelations & topics.
- Move away from Confluence Team calendars and use Google Calendars (easier to share) hosted/managed within our Google (G Suite) organization. We’ve used a team calendar to identify the current lead of the Community Development Swim Lane, which could either stay as is or migrate to a Google Calendar (or would it be better to just add this to the OpenMRS Calendar as a way of making it more visible?).