OpenMRS Android client's play store page is not found

We don’t need a section for children’s policy. We just add content under Information Collection and Use , Changes to This Privacy Policy and Contact Us. This can be changed later on if we see fit.

Here is a gist of all Data collected by the app (regarding the Users and Patients). Two fields are left empty for now as I didn’t knew the information- The Law enforcement policies and support email. Also I couldn’t find how the data is stored.

@dkayiwa, @f4ww4z , @burke, please review this and let me know the changes/additionsPrivacy_Policy_OpenMRS.docx (15.9 KB)

@deepak140596 Thanks for policy.

As added by @f4ww4z we dont need children’s policy.

Also we can follow this format :-

Collection of Personal Information and it’s use

I. Information you provide to us

a. Registration Data

b. Device permissions

II. Information you provide to us voluntarily

III. Information we collect automatically

IV. Inferred Information through usage and log data

@f4ww4z @dkayiwa @burke please give your reviews?

Yes, I agree. It must be according to the format as specified. I think @vankineenitawrun was working on it. He can just copy-paste the needed part from the Gist that I gave.

Thanks for sharing, those are very helpful info that we can use to create the policy.

Just wondering what is meant when you mention ‘Patient’s Photographs and files’? Are there patient-specific files that are kept locally or sent to the server? Next, point no. 5 can just be ‘Symptoms’. Patient’s Doctor can be renamed to Patient’s provider.

More review is needed for that draft. Can you put it in a Google Docs and make it available for comments instead?

Rephrase this to ‘Information We Collect and Use’.

I think it’s better to create this based on @deepak140596 's document, it has all the required info needed to build a firm privacy policy. Minus the Children policy, we should remove that, since our target audience are providers for an EMR system. Further reviews should be either in the Google Doc or in the submitted PR.

We should finally add these sections: Links to Third Party Sites, Changes to Our Privacy Policy.

Yes sure. I will make a Doc link and share it.

Regarding the patient’s photograph and files, I think we should remove the word “file”. Also we have an option to add the patient’s photograph in while registering. So we need to take care of it as it is personal information regarding the patient.

Here is the Doc link (available for editing)

@f4ww4z, I have a doubt regarding removal of Children’s policy. The app can collect data about children under 13 through providers as there maybe patients under 13. According to COPPA, this line : “Your website or online service is directed to a general audience, but you have actual knowledge that you collect personal information from children under 13.” applies to our service.

Link: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule-six-step-compliance

Also even if our service is not explicitly directed towards children, a section in the page linked above shows that if we collect personal information like name,address,phone number, gender,etc, we need to include this in our privacy policy.

Hello sir, Do we need to convert @deepak140596 's document in the given format? or the existing format of the document is to be used?

Thanks @deepak140596 . You can either make the Doc available for comment, or just claim the issue and submit a PR with markdown format. The file should be in the root directory and named ‘privacy_policy.md’ .

Yes, I think it’s better to refer to your format with the improvements that I mentioned. Once the PR is submitted, you can also review.

Thank @f4ww4z. Some of the fields like the Support email and Law Enforcement policies need to be filled. Shall I just keep those part blank so that it can be changed afterwards and all the parts that I am aware of? I will submit a PR with the privacy_policy.md in the root directory as you said.

You can see the google doc Privacy_policy.

We’ve successfully created our privacy policy :slight_smile: at https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-android-client/blob/master/privacy_policy.md , thanks to @deepak140596 and everyone that reviewed the PR. We just need to reference it in the Android client guide as well as in the Play console.

@raff could you help us with adding the link to the privacy policy in the developer console? It’s under Store Presence -> Store Listing -> Privacy Policy .

2 Likes

Also, I was wondering on how to generate a signed APK for this project? I’d like to release v2.7 right now to the GitHub releases page. cc @shivtej @dkayiwa

UPDATE: I am following the Travis config, which is to draft a new release first (it’ll create a tag on the repository), then hopefully Travis will pick it up and generate the APK for us.

1 Like

Resubmitted the app with the privacy policy link.

3 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you !

When do you think it will be uploaded into the play store?

It’s back on the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.openmrs.mobile . I’m now just fixing the Travis build and will soon generate the next version of the app.

1 Like

We also need to add the Privacy Policy link to the app ASAP else it might again result in de-listing of the app from the Playstore.

I have created a JIRA issue for this here. Please address it.

The APK cannot be generated currently because of an issue from ProGuard when minimizing the app. I hope to fix it at this PR, then update the 2.7 tag.

I will check that issue also and make it ready for work.