OpenMRS 1.9.7 From SDK Not Working?

Hi,

I am using the OpenMRS SDK to create an OpenMRS 1.9.7 instance to use for testing an upgrade. This used to work previously but now after creating the instance, an error is thrown when I start the instance and try to access it via the browser. The error below is thrown:

29:57,754| Error while trying to update to the latest database version org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdateException: There was an error while updating the database to the latest. file: liquibase-update-to-latest.xml. Error: Validation Failed: 1 change sets check sum liquibase-update-to-latest.xml::200902142213::ewolodzko is now: 3:ace82a1ecb3a0c3246e39f0bebe38423 at org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdater.executeChangelog(DatabaseUpdater.java:155) at org.openmrs.web.filter.initialization.InitializationFilter$InitializationCompletion$1.run(InitializationFilter.java:1614) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) Caused by: liquibase.exception.ValidationFailedException: Validation Failed: 1 change sets check sum liquibase-update-to-latest.xml::200902142213::ewolodzko is now: 3:ace82a1ecb3a0c3246e39f0bebe38423 at liquibase.changelog.DatabaseChangeLog.validate(DatabaseChangeLog.java:141) at liquibase.Liquibase.listUnrunChangeSets(Liquibase.java:625) at org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdater.executeChangelog(DatabaseUpdater.java:211) at org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdater.executeChangelog(DatabaseUpdater.java:167) at org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdater.executeChangelog(DatabaseUpdater.java:152) … 2 more

Kindly assist.

Did you start from a clean database or did you use an existing one? If existing one, what was the version of OpenMRS you used before?

Clean database.

I’ve just setup 1.9.7 with a clean db and it worked.

Typically “change sets check sum” indicates you pointed to an existing db, which was used for running a SNAPSHOT version of OpenMRS. Could you please try again making sure the db does not exist?

Did you set it up using the OpenMRS SDK? I had done this before a few weeks ago and it had worked without a problem.

Yes, I did it with SDK. I tried h2 the first time, but now I tried mysql and was able to reproduce the issue. Let me investigate it…

Not sure about 1.9.7, but 1.9.11 (the latest release) doesn’t have the issue. Are you able to use that instead?

Update: for 1.9.7 you need to use

mvn openmrs-sdk:seutp -DdbSql=null

since it’s a quite old version and the initial db provided by sdk to speed up the setup is newer, thus causing the issue. Setting dbSql=null disables loading the initial db by SDK.

OK thank you. Yes I’m using MySQL. This had worked previously so I suspect that something changed.

Thanks!

I’ve created an issue at https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/SDK-216

It seems this issue has not been addressed?