OpenELIS english manual

Hi @cine and @gsluthra …Your confusion is understandable! There are currently 2 different code bases for OpenELIS. One is for the U.S.A public health reference laboratories specifically (the Iowa version that you mention is for this). The second is OpenELIS global, which is forked from the early versions of the Iowa codebase and drastically modified since to be used in resource limited clinical laboratories. In addition, the US version has gone a complete rewrite and no longer shares any code with the global version. Thus, the US version (Iowa) manual will not be helpful in any way for the global code.

Since the original fork of OpenELIS global, there are additional forks - OpenELIS Bahmni and OpenELIS Vietnam. In the OpenELIS community, we are actively discussing how to come back together and make things a bit clearer as to what code base is used where, places we might be able to merge the code, etc. But for now, this is the way it is. So here are the known repos out there for the various ‘flavours’:

OpenELIS global by I-TECH (used in Haiti, Cote d’Ivoire, and Kenya)

OpenELIS Vietnam by APHL/CDC no public repo, but the user manuals are here: https://sites.google.com/site/openelisguide/

OpenELIS Bahmni by Thoughtworks

There is also a lot of documentation with I-TECH, but I don’t believe that they make that publicly available. Hope this is helpful in some way!

1 Like