OMRS19: Now Awarding Scholarships!

Each year, we offer travel grants to outstanding community members who would like to attend our meeting and are in need of financial assistance.

As you can see from this list, there are many ways to contribute to OpenMRS! Applications will be reviewed and scholarships awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s statement of interest and contributions to OpenMRS.

To apply for one of our scholarships, please complete and submit the OMRS19 Scholarship Application Form by 1 October 2019.

If you have questions about the scholarship application form or process, please contact events@openmrs.org.

4 Likes

Thanks Jennifer.

Thanks Jenifer for the hard work.

well done @jennifer

I like the contents of the spreadsheet! :slight_smile:

Do we plan to put this on the wiki for the countless people who join and ask for how to contribute?

2 Likes

thanks @jennifer

thanks @jennifer

Thanks @jennifer for the information

Thanks @jennifer for the info

Thank you @jennifer for the information

hi Friends i have a problem in OpenMRS set up can you help me

@hafizurahman Sorry about it. Kindly create a new topic this thread is mainly for scholarship application.

1 Like

@hafizurahman you’re on the wrong thread , however this may be Helpful

Hey everyone!

A gentle reminder that OMRS19 scholarship applications will be closing on Tuesday, 1 October. Please be sure to submit your application before then if you would like to be considered.

1 Like

I want to thank the 50+ people who applied for a scholarship to attend our 2019 OpenMRS Implementer’s Meeting.

Last year, we were able to offer 20 scholarships and we hope to do the same this year. Unfortunately, that means that we won’t be able to support everyone who applied. The Scholarship Committee (@dkayiwa @mseaton @christine @c.antwi @carina and myself) reviewed all of the applications to come up with list of finalists and an active waitlist. We have asked scholarship recipients to RSVP as soon as possible so that we can notify those on the waitlist by the end of next week.

I’ve enjoyed reading about all of the OpenMRS experience highlighted through these applications. This is an incredible community!

5 Likes