OMRS19 Visa Application.

We are just a month away from the conference and most of you are on high gear making travel arrangements which include visa application.

Citizens of the following eight countries can visit Mozambique without a Visa for up to three (3) months: Botswana, Cape Verde, Malawi, Mauritius, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia.

Citizens of Australia, Canada, EU, UK, USA and other African countries not listed above require a visa to enter Mozambique. It may be possible to get a visa on arrival but it’s more guaranteed if there is no Mozambique embassy in the country issuing the passport. Thus, it is highly recommended getting the visa in the country of origin. As you visit your in-country Mozambique embassy, ensure you have the following minimum requirement at hand:

• Valid passport with at least six months validity and at least three (3) or more blank pages.
  • Travel dates; a return ticket would suffice.
  • Place of residence while in Mozambique
  • An invitation letter for the 2019 OpenMRS Implementer’s conference.

Also, check with the Embassy to get the full list of required documentation required for the visa application.

The visa at the border is for all travelers who want to enter Mozambique regardless of whether or not there is an embassy in their country of origin. The visa comes at a cost of $50 (U.S.) and is valid for 30 days.

In the case, there is the absence of a Mozambique Embassy or you are experiencing challenges in getting a visa please submit the following documents no later than 7th Nov 2019 to events@openmrs.org and copy antoniom@jembi.org for assistance in obtaining a visa:

• Passport Scan.
  • Travel Dates
  • Accommodation Details.

It is highly encouraged you to take some time before the 7th Nov 2019 and check on visa application process in your country to allow you to get adequate assistance if need be.

1 Like

Thanks @christine for the Information

How is that supposed to be for people who hope to attend by the openmrs schorlaship ??

1 Like

@christine thank the information. Is it possible that by 7th Nov the scholarships will have come out?

thanks @christine. i have read https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/2019+Implementers+Conference and it showed more details. maybe the rest of the community will need it. @mozzy and @irenyak1 you too could find some missing info there

@mozzy and @irenyak1, have you seen this?

Thanks @jennifer and @lufafa for the information. Sure I went through the pages.

Thanks @jennifer , @christine for that updates

@christine we don’t have embassy in Nepal for Mozambique and is enlisted as the on arrival for Mozambique. As we have submitted the passport detail and accommodation detail are there any document we expect to get ?

Personally I do not have my accommodation confirmation, won’t I be required to present it to process my visa on arrival?

Having arrived in Maputo on Wednesday, here is what I can tell you about the visa on arrival process:

• I had to fill two forms (one for immigration, another for the visa on arrival). These forms are available at the airport.
  • I handed over both forms, my OpenMRS letter of invitation, and $50 for payment. I was not asked for my accommodation confirmation or any other document.
  • They checked yellow cards before going on to immigration.

This was simply my experience and my fingers are crossed that it will be similar for everyone else getting their visas on arrival!

Thanks @jennifer for the information.