ObsGrouping in Web Services Rest

In our Implementation, i.e, UgandaEMR, we have designed a mobile app that connects to UgandaEMR using Rest API. We have been able to use the existing documentation for individual Obs on encounters, however, the documentation has no clear guidance on how to deal with ObsGroups.

We need guidance on how to move forward. @dkayiwa @ssmusoke

Hi @solemabrothers, which documentation could you be referring to? Meanwhile you could probably want to look into creating nested Obs like this test case example does.

I am reffering to the documentation embedded within openmrs. Refer to the documentation here https://demo.openmrs.org/openmrs/module/webservices/rest/apiDocs.htm

@solemabrothers, the above test case example could be of some help. More documetation outside the inbuilt swagger doc in the openmrs rest module is this documentation that could be more helpful.

In the end you will want to populate the groupMembers property of the payload with an array of Obs s to be grouped together under the parent Obs being posted.

i wrote the Oder Group Resource some time back , sorry that the swager document is nt very clear on its usage , and it seems i also didn’t do any documentation in the wiki page.

Probably this intergration test can give you more insight.

oops , sorry , i was actually talking about an OrderGroup , not obs group :roll_eyes:

sure @ruhanga , that makes more sense