Observation Template control

What I am trying to mimic

And what I am getting -

a) Would like the symptoms to be drop down b) Ability to add / remove additional symptoms

my concept set related to this looks like this -

UID Complaint Information Concept Details Complaint Non-Coded Complaint Frequency/Duration UID 3.1 History of present illness Misc Complaint Information Thanks for any help, Ashok

Please refer the configuration for Chief Complaint Data You might have to do the similar configuration to replicate the behaviour.

Works fine, thank you for the prompt attention. So you have javascript that reads the app.json (I just had to refresh) and renders the controls? Just curious. Some day I want to look at the Bahmni sources in detail.

Any other such advanced controls? - such a control(s) is really useful.

Thanks, Ashok

Hi @ashokraman, Please refer Bahmni WIKI for all the configurations possible.

Until I noticed it in “History and Examinations” did I realize the power of the control(s). Special mention must be made of such controls (unless I missed them - I do seem to be missing a few). So is there a chance that a grid control maybe with 2 or 3 columns (user has to enter data for right and left limbs)?. Any example like this would be welcome,

Thanks, Ashok

Hi @ashokraman,

Are you looking for something like below i.e table

Please refer to IsTabular Obs Template Configuration.

Thank you, this is pretty much what I was looking for. I looked around for Audiometry, found it in endTb (https://github.com/Bahmni/endtb-config/tree/master/dbdump), loaded my existing openmrs database (vagrant one) and needless to say it messes it up. I am now looking into this - https://github.com/Bahmni/bahmni-endtb-batch. Is there anything simpler I can do? Other choice is to experiment with an existing observation template and make it tabular through app.json change?

Thanks again, Ashok

Are you trying to replicate the template “Audiometry” ?

What is your use case ? Do you want to configure any template “tabular” ?

Basically the observations fit a tabular format shown above - left limb size versus right limb size at various heights (mid, calf etc). Next will be access to these concepts for reports etc…

So I thought it best to study existing concept set and how each row, column items are defined (as subsets, I guess) for the entire template.

Thanks,

Concept Hierarchy is as below

Audiometry Details – concept set with members Left Ear and Right Ear (this is the concept which has to be configured with "isTabular":true in app.json)

Left Ear //concept set
        Left Ear : dB at 250Hz
        Left Ear : dB at 500Hz
        Left Ear : dB at 1000Hz 
   Right Ear // concept set
        Right Ear : dB at 250Hz
        Right Ear : dB at 500Hz
        Right Ear : dB at 1000Hz

This worked, thanks, I had to create another concept that contained the isTabular concept. I also had to convert my Boolean datatype to coded (YES/NO) to support dropdown, else it looks like this. Any other alternate? Thanks,

How are you expecting a Boolean Concept to be displayed in Tabular view? There is no other display possible. if it has to be Boolean then it will have 2 buttons. But looks like because of your screen width limitation, the buttons are coming down. Otherwise they would have come on right side of question not below the question.

Yes, so I make it coded, YES/NO and then is comes up as a combo selection and fits in better. So the table choices that fit nicely in a two column format are Numeric, Coded. Text too becomes too long (can their width be specified somehow?).

Thanks,

Try using “conciseText”: true

7th point in the table described in the documentation.