Not able to Show Full Time Blocks on Manage Appointments page

Hello Team, I am working on RATEST-298 E2E Test: Appointment management workflow. It is combining multiple legacy tests for the appointment management. However, I have encountered a blocker which I have been trying to find a work around in vain. I would like to see the Full time blocks but the search always returns No available time slots just like in the screenshot below. Please guide me on this so that I can get unblocked. Thank you very much.

To reproduce what is on the image, after placing an appointment request on for the patient click Appointment scheduling app from the home page click on Manage Appointments app from the appointment scheduling page search for the patient with the appointment request click on the patient then you are on the Manage Appointments page in the image click on the appointment request and then click on the book appointment icon.

I would expect to get the time blocks for the appointment but all the time, I see No available time slots

cc @kdaud , @sharif , @dkayiwa @ibacher and whoever is able to help me.

Full time Blocks appears under the section of scheduling a new appointment on a patient who has already an existing appointment however, one can not schedule a new appointment via Manage Appointments page. So if your use case is around scheduling a new appointment for a patient with an existing appointment then you need return to the ClinicianFacingPatientDashboardPage → Request Appointment.

@kdaud already the patient has a request for an appointment and an appointment made. So I just want to edit an appointment block.

For the new appointment of a patient with an existing appointment then you need return to the ClinicianFacingPatientDashboardPage → Request Appointment.

@josephkagimu1 I basically want to edit an appointment block and not make a new appointment

You will need to go through Appointment Scheduling → Manage Provider Schedules to be able edit an appointment block.