New version of CIEL dictionary added to Dropbox for 2015-03-11

New version of CIEL dictionary added to dropbox for March 11, 2015

Just wanted to let folks know that I am posting a new version of the CIEL concept dictionary in the dropbox with versions from 1.6.6 to 1.11.0 (2.1).

Can I please remind everyone using the CIEL dictionary that this is a trust model. We are providing the service to the community and the community assists by providing concepts they require back to CIEL. This also includes translation of CIEL concepts into other languages. If you have added concepts to your dictionary and have not reported them back to CIEL, I strongly encourage you to do so (if guilt doesn’t work, then I will start to harass you :).

If this is the first time you are hearing about the MVP/CIEL concept dictionary which now comes as a standard option with the standalone appliance, you can get updates from the CIEL dropbox. You can send me an email describing your openmrs implementation, version number, country and project… and I will add you to the dropbox.

Be sure to read the wiki: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+and+Using+the+MVP-CIEL+Concept+Dictionary

NOTE THAT A NEW DISTRIBUTION METHODOLOGY FOR CIEL USING THE OPEN CONCEPT LAB WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.

This version includes the global property ciel.conceptsVersion which contains the date of the release in YYYYMMDD format.

This release has new concepts added for the reference application, PIH HUM and the FACES program.

It also includes a separate drug table which contains all of the WHO essential medication list drugs linked to the concept table. The plan is to integrate these two more closely providing concept sets of drugs which parallel the WHO classifications. The drug table may eventually become a superset of international RxNorm encoded medications from which you can select from. For now, it is just the WHO EML. We will keep the SQL separate for now so that you don’t have to overwrite your local drug table when importing the CIEL concept dictionary.

The drug table was NOT updated for this release, but will be updated in next release with more formulations.

Concepts added for this release:

concept_id name Class Datatype description 162918 Revision to open reduction of fracture dislocation and cast immobilization Procedure N/A \N 162917 Biopsy of lesion of gingiva Procedure N/A \N 162916 Excision of lesion of maxillary sinus Procedure N/A \N 162915 Exploration of penetrating wound of extremity Procedure N/A \N 162914 Proctosigmoidoscopy Procedure N/A \N 162913 Maxillectomy Procedure N/A \N 162912 Heller esophagomyotomy Procedure N/A \N 162912 Heller myotomy Procedure N/A \N 162911 Biopsy of colon Procedure N/A \N 162910 Biopsy of appendix Procedure N/A \N 162909 Diverticulectomy of duodenum Procedure N/A \N 162909 Excision of duodenal diverticulum Procedure N/A \N 162908 Laparoscopic appendectomy Procedure N/A \N 162907 Rectal polypectomy Procedure N/A \N 162907 Excision of rectal polyp Procedure N/A \N 162906 Removal of metalwork from bone Procedure N/A \N 162905 Rigid proctosigmoidoscopy Procedure N/A \N 162904 Restart medication Procedure N/A \N 162903 Total nephrectomy (unilateral) Procedure N/A \N 162903 Total nephrectomy Procedure N/A \N 162902 Sigmoidoscopy Procedure N/A \N 162901 Partial nephrectomy Procedure N/A \N 162900 PEG tube placement Procedure N/A \N 162900 Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement Procedure N/A \N 162899 Right colectomy Procedure N/A \N 162898 Left hemicolectomy Procedure N/A \N 162898 Left colectomy Procedure N/A \N 162897 Laparoscopic cholecystectomy Procedure N/A \N 162896 Flap operation to relax contracture of skin Procedure N/A \N 162895 Incision of ureter Procedure N/A \N 162895 Ureterotomy Procedure N/A \N 162894 Reconstruction with distant flap Procedure N/A \N 162893 Reconstruction with free flap Procedure N/A \N 162892 Repair of wound of abdominal wall Procedure N/A \N 162891 Secondary closure of amputation stump Procedure N/A \N 162890 Truncal vagotomy Procedure N/A \N 162889 Ileocolic anastomosis Procedure N/A \N 162888 Patient was seen in another health center Question Coded Question documenting whether the patient was previously seen in a different health center than the current one. 162887 Adverse event reported with location ConvSet N/A A container to document whether an adverse event was reported and where. 162886 Location where report sent Question Coded A location where a report is sent 162885 United States of America Misc N/A A country in North America 162884 Uganda Misc N/A A country in East Africa 162883 Kenya Misc N/A A country in East Africa 162882 Relationship to study drug construct ConvSet N/A This is a container which contains the name of a drug and the relationship of the adverse event to that drug. 162881 Date medication last taken Question Date \N

2 Likes

New version of CIEL dictionary added to dropbox for March 22, 2015

Just wanted to let folks know that I am posting a new version of the CIEL concept dictionary in the dropbox with versions from 1.6.6 to 1.11.0 (2.1).

Can I please remind everyone using the CIEL dictionary that this is a trust model. We are providing the service to the community and the community assists by providing concepts they require back to CIEL. This also includes translation of CIEL concepts into other languages. If you have added concepts to your dictionary and have not reported them back to CIEL, I strongly encourage you to do so (if guilt doesn’t work, then I will start to harass you :).

If this is the first time you are hearing about the MVP/CIEL concept dictionary which now comes as a standard option with the standalone appliance, you can get updates from the CIEL dropbox. You can send me an email describing your openmrs implementation, version number, country and project… and I will add you to the dropbox.

Be sure to read the wiki: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+and+Using+the+MVP-CIEL+Concept+Dictionary

NOTE THAT A NEW DISTRIBUTION METHODOLOGY FOR CIEL USING THE OPEN CONCEPT LAB WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.

This version includes the global property ciel.conceptsVersion which contains the date of the release in YYYYMMDD format.

This release has new concepts added for the reference application and PIH HUM and some changes to the “default” and “preferred” flags for some concepts required by the reference appliaction.

It also includes a separate drug table which contains all of the WHO essential medication list drugs linked to the concept table. The plan is to integrate these two more closely providing concept sets of drugs which parallel the WHO classifications. The drug table may eventually become a superset of international RxNorm encoded medications from which you can select from. For now, it is just the WHO EML. We will keep the SQL separate for now so that you don’t have to overwrite your local drug table when importing the CIEL concept dictionary.

The drug table was NOT updated for this release, but will be updated in next release with more formulations.

Concepts added for this release:

concept_id name Class Datatype description 162928 Excisional biopsy of soft tissue Procedure N/A \N 162927 Excisional biopsy of breast Procedure N/A \N 162926 Immobilization using plaster cast Procedure N/A \N 162925 Revision to closed reduction of fracture and cast immobilization Procedure N/A \N 162924 Revision to closed reduction of fracture dislocation and cast immobilization Procedure N/A \N 162923 Partial resection of intestine with anastomosis Procedure N/A \N 162922 Excision of colon Procedure N/A \N 162922 Excision of large bowel Procedure N/A \N 162922 Total colectomy Procedure N/A \N 162921 Prostatectomy Procedure N/A \N 162920 Intravenous line insertion site Anatomy N/A The physical part of the skin where an IV line was inserted. This is not a question which receives an answer of a particular location. 162919 Urinary tract Anatomy N/A \N 162919 Urinary system structure Anatomy N/A \N