My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey: Anjula Samarasinghe

Last week I took the initiative to create an epic that would cover the end-to-end (E2E) test coverage for the form builder. To ensure that all issues were appropriately handled, I assigned them to my fellow contributors. This week, I had the opportunity to review several pull requests (PRs) related to E2E tests, unit tests, and integration tests.

With the GSoC proposal review completed, we held a call with our mentors to discuss the selected candidates. This was a productive conversation, and we made great strides towards identifying the best candidates for the program.

As I continued to work on the form builder project, I began writing an E2E test to cover the custom schema form build feature. However, I encountered an issue while trying to run the test. The browser kept loading repeatedly, and this problem prevented me from moving forward with my work. To resolve the issue, I created a separate thread to discuss the matter with my colleagues, as it was impacting other aspects of the project.

In addition to my work on the form builder, I also spent time researching the fellowship capstone projects to gain a better understanding of their objectives and scope.

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Fellowship+Capstone+Projects

In the coming weeks, I plan to focus on completing the E2E coverage for the form builder project and look forward to participating in the GSoC community bonding activities.

2 Likes