Multiple addresses per patient?

So far in the BAHMNI UI(s) I’ve only seen one address per patient. However OpenMRS offers the options to store multiple addresses per patient.

Does BAHMNI support multiple addresses and if yes, how and where?

Currently only one address per patient is supported in Bahmni. Subsequent edits to the patient address update the original address. Details on this are documented here: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Address+Hierarchy

OK.

So what does this mean for the OpenMRS feature ‘Merge patients’ (which seems to be broken for some reason in my OpenMRS installation anyways)? Is the Merge feature in general supported and a merge process always needs to make sure that only one address is left

Note: Just out of curiosity I’ve tested one patient with two addresses in Bahmni. At least in the Patient search a patient with two addresses appears twice.

I don’t think we support merge patient yet in Bahmni.

This looks like a bug in search patient query.

Just out of curiosity I’ve tested one patient with two addresses in Bahmni. At least in the Patient search a patient with two addresses appears twice.

Christian, can you please mention some more details for how to reproduce this issue?

Sure.

After registering a patient through Bahmni I went to the OpenMRS webapp, searched for the patient, and then edited/added an additional address via the Demographics tabs. Now back in Bahmni this patient shows up twice when searching (e.g. via the ID).

The same will happen when you merge two patients (with different addresses). But I didn’t test if then there are additional side-effects (e.g. on encounters or IDs) within Bahmni.

Thanks @cine. We will raise a bug for this.