GSoC 2021:Modernizing Admin Dashboard

Hi, I’m interested in this upgrade admin dashboard. So I begin to gather and discover the basic requirements for this project and going to keep this thread updated

Project wiki page - GSoC 2021:Modernizing Admin Dashboard

2 Likes

Overview and Problem Specification

Currently, there is an old user interface in openMRS and there are some issues with it. Those below mentioned issues are the current issues, I have found the finding of my background research

• Fonts type and topic arrangement are ambiguous and uncomfortable to view
  • white spaces are too much
    • The gap between the main menues
  • faulty alignment and grouping
    • topics and subtopics are not properly align and grouping

Thoughts

In my opinion, the openMRS admin panel will be easier to use by enhancing their user experience. To increase it, I think it can be done by troubleshooting the above

Next steps

I will try to find more requirements for improve admin dashboard

1 Like

Hi, @bawanthathilan, Would love to work with you over this. Do let me know if you need me for any part of it. Thank you.

1 Like

Awesome. now I can be finding what are the requirement need this project. you also can find the requirements

1 Like

Sure mate.

1 Like

@mozzy @burke hei folks do you have any further input on the specification of this project cc @jennifer @grace

1 Like

these are the main requirements to improve this ui

• Keep the interface simple.
  • Create consistency and use common UI elements.
  • Be purposeful in page layout.
  • Strategically use color and texture.
  • Use typography to create hierarchy and clarity.
1 Like

This is a great initiative, you can count on me, anywhere needed. Thanks @bawanthathilan !

1 Like

thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am interested in the developing and upgrading the ‘Admin Dashboard’. I am currently looking through the codebase and getting familiar with the structure. I worked with technologies required to build this project. Help regarding the GSoC participation would be highly appreciated. Thankyou.

2 Likes

greate :smiley: