Making Testing of Changes Automated when working on issues and dev of modules.

This has teased me for quite a while, most especially the java changes. For .gsp file changes, I have often watched the module using the OpenMRS-SDK. For .jsp files, I have used FileSync and integrated it with standalone. What I want is that, when am for example working on an issue, change some java code like in the controller classes, I don’t want to first create another .OMOD file and deploy it to the server :unamused: but rather just do a save and fresh the affected page.

What i have Tried

I tried to setup standalone by adding some configurations to the openmrs-standalone-runtime file. I tried to put VM arguments like

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000 -Dreporting.development.directory=C:\Users\SAM\openmrs-module-reporting -javaagent:C:\Users\SAM\Downloads\springloaded-1.2.8.RELEASE.jar -noverify -Dspringloaded=inclusions=org.openmrs.module.modulepackage…*

But this has failed to work for me. Could some one correct me! cc @dkayiwa @k.joseph @ssmusoke @darius etc.

When you use the openmrs-sdk and have your server watch the custom module you are working in, changes to GSP files and controllers will automatically be deployed.

I would recommend using that over the standalone

This time am working on reporting module. Meaning am dealing with jsps