Linking JIRA groups to Dev Stages

Continuing the discussion from Requesting /dev/4 stage for Bahmni team members:

@michael,

Are JIRA group assignments managed in JIRA? Or Crowd? Or is there any chance we can influence them via OpenMRS ID? We were hoping we could “auto-manage” JIRA group assignments via Dev Stage assignments.

-Burke :burke:

All groups are managed through LDAP.

@r0bby & @dmytro.trifonov how difficult would it be to sync these groups as well as part of the Dashboard GSoC project plans for anti-spam?

1 Like

Adding the groups is easy – it’s as simple as me running an ldif, linking them is also rather easy – just gotta add a couple new groups for each of the dev stages – I linked them on the infra telegram chat. I need to reboot my brain to get back into work mode™.

This whould be a strech goal and if he doesn’t do – I’ll likely do it as part of the 2.1 deployment

Which would make more sense to you all?

1. Create dev2, dev3, dev4, and dev5 groups in JIRA and assign permissions to these as appropriate. Eventually OpenMRS ID auto-assigns to these groups.

2. Use existing groups in JIRA and have OpenMRS ID manage the assignment to jira-administrator, jira-user, etc.

The first option seems more logical to me (and would allow us to move this direction now & add OpenMRS ID magic later), but I didn’t want to make new groups in JIRA unless/until we’re all on the same page.

1 Like

I had a similar idea:

We’d make LDAP groups and add users based on activity I’d have a cronjob which runs and checks discourse. The groups would be as follows (this is in ldif format for OpenLDAP):

dn: cn=omrs-dev-null, ou=groups, dc=openmrs, dc=org
objectClass: groupOfNames
cn: omrs-dev-null
member:

dn: cn=omrs-dev-1, ou=groups, dc=openmrs, dc=org
cn: omrs-dev-1
member:

dn: cn=omrs-dev-2, ou=groups, dc=openmrs, dc=org
cn: omrs-dev-2
member:

dn: cn=omrs-dev-3, ou=groups, dc=openmrs, dc=org
cn: omrs-dev-3
member:

dn: cn=omrs-dev-4, ou=groups, dc=openmrs, dc=org
cn: omrs-dev-4
member:

dn: cn=omrs-dev-5, ou=groups, dc=openmrs, dc=org
cn: omrs-dev-5
member:

if they don’t have /dev/null – then they will be a member of no group.