Kosovo implementing OpenMRS [Problem]

Dear staff of OpenMRS,

We are trying to implement the OpenMRS for Oncology Clinic here in Kosovo, we have already installed and we have also add-ed the main modules to make it more suitable for this clinic, but we can’t add the form that we need to add our data in a short terms we want to add our Medical Report form at OpenMRS, and design it in that way that we need, I have talked with @maany and he has promised to me to help with the right people and resources.

If anybody here can help us, I can give him all the access to the server and what he need, just to provide this, because we do not know how to solve this problem?

Thank you so much,

Best Regards Reshat.

1 Like

Hi @onkologjia - That’s a really interesting use case. What have you installed - the RefApp? Or just the platform with HTMLentry forms?

1 Like

Hi @janflowers I have installed the complete RefApp, I know our case may be one of the most interesting using case of OpenMRS but we think that would be a very good use because, Kosovo is a new state and it has many difficulties in Health System (we still don’t have health insurance), so we hope that we can solve this problem and we are ready to start using it in Oncology Clinic, we wanted this clinic because of growing number of new cases with cancer, about 700 new patients for 7 months in a population about 1.8 million.

Thank you.

Reshat.

Sounds really interesting. So the current status is that you have the application running, can login, but you need to add a single data collection form with the specific data entry fields on it to collect the oncology visit data. Is there only one form used in the facility for oncology? Or are there many forms, depending on the type of visit, etc. Is this inpatient or outpatient?

2 Likes

We have all the system ready, just to add this form to collect the visit data, it is just one form that Oncology Clincic use for all kind of visits, if this form adedd we just need to create accounts for the staff and it is ready.

Thank you so much for your time @janflowers.

Best Regards Reshat.

Hi @onkologjia. Welcome to the OpenMRS community.

Can you tell me how far along you are in getting your form into OpenMRS. Where have you gotten stuck? Or maybe you don’t even know where to start. Have you created concepts (or mapped to CIEL concepts)? Have you created an xForm or an HTML form? These are different technologies that are supported in OpenMRS. Have you created the form, but don’t know how to make it appear in the RefApp UI?

Knowing some of these details would help to point you towards a solution.

3 Likes

Hi @arbaughj, I have tried to do the form via xForms but I have stucked, because I did not know if the form that I have tried to creat will ne conected with database so I stopped to this step, it is a kind that I don’t even know what to do.

Thanks a lot. Reshat

@onkologjia i do not seem to understand where you are exactly stuck. Can you create the same form at int-refapp.openmrs.org such that i can look at it?

@dkayiwa when I get to xForms design I don’t know how to do it so I need someone to help me from creating it and to apply that form at the OpenMRS?

This is my problem.

Thank you for anyone that gone help me.

Reshat

Am still interested in seeing what you exactly have. Can you create and show me at? int-refapp.openmrs.org

I’m not sure if I have understand @dkayiwa but this is the Medical Report that I want to use, if you want to get in our server I can give you the password and username and you can sign in via remote desktop.

Did you take some time to read this? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/XForms+Module+User+Guide

1 Like

@dkayiwa Yes of course but as an medical student I didn’t know so much how to make the form from scratch because, I think I must know a little about database and programming for this.

Could you help me please to create this form, we think this Friday to have the presentation and without this we cannot do anything :frowning: !

Start by following that user guide link to create a starting form. If you come across anything that is not clear, just come and chat with us on the IRC channel: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/IRC/Home Am logged on as dkayiwa

Dear @dkayiwa @arbaughj @maany @janflowers I have created this form now how is the best possible way to save it and make it as my form for my patient register form ?

1 Like

Take a look at this: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/XForms+Module+Patient+Registration