Applications for host country are now open. To help countries with advance planning, this year we are looking for two countries, one which will host the 2019 Implementers’conference and the other will host the 2020 Implementers’ conference.
This being the 13th year of the annual meeting, the OpenMRS Implementers’ Conference (OMRS) is held in a different country where our community gathers to learn from each other and celebrate their accomplishments. Last year, the Implementer’s conference was hosted by Kenya for the second time, in conjunction with HELINA scientific conference. There was an attendance of over 170 delegates from 24 countries across the world. Discussions ranged from Technical roadmap, women in OpenMRS and Universal Health coverage among others.
If you are interested in hosting the 2019 OpenMRS Implementers’ Conference, Please review the following criteria we’ve developed to help ensure success and guide you in the preparations for this event:
- Significant local OpenMRS community activity, that is, a presence of regional community with the country, hackathons, long-standing community membership e.t.c.
- Country helps support the long-term strategic interests of the OpenMRS community
- Easy access, that is, good international airport, liberal visa policies, local transportation.
- Availability of travel and hotel infrastructure suitable to host the meeting.
- Provision of good security throughout the conference.
- Commitment to OpenMRS as a network, regional, or country level platform for patient-level record keeping.
- Strong local hosting organization with an ability to engage local resources/sponsorship
- Underserved environment.
- Willingness to host OpenMRS clinical site visits.
The community has grown and this is an opportunity for us to see new implementations. Although there is a preference to host the conference in a country that has not hosted before, the strength of the overall application will be a key determinant covering all the other areas mentioned above.
The country with the strongest application that meets the above criteria will be selected to host the 2019 Implementers’ conference and the second-best application will be selected to host the 2020 Implementers’ conference.
If interested, please fill in the following application form:Here.
Also please find attached a google document with the application questions which you can download and share here.
We will also reach out to those of you that have previously applied to host this event.
If you have any questions, please send an email to events @ openmrs.org . One can also get in touch directly with:
The application deadline is: 6th April 2019 by 11:59 pm in whichever time zone you’re applying in.