How to use the Address Hierarchy Module with the Reference Application

We’ve had problems with special characters before, but they are working right currently for us, and we have the same hierarchy as you do, so not sure what is happening here. Could be something to do with the type of character encoding you are using? There’s no client-side error that I’m seeing–is there anything in the server logs when searching for special characters.

Going to your server and looking at the underlying HTML generate, it indeed looks like the configuration of “shortcutFor” and “manualFields” aren’t being picked up, which is the same bug that @mksd was seeing and needs to be entered as a bug.

I don’t think that feature been built yet, unfortunately. You might be able to approximate something by making fields not required… but I’m doubtful.

In your address hierarchy admin section of the old UI, all the fields required are listed as “Oui”… this is what the widget derives required from, I believe.

Yes, you need to modify the XML in the global property “layout.address.format”. Change the “value” attribute for each level to the label you want to display.

Not sure if we support coded person attributes yet.

Hmm, this makes me think there’s definitely a character coding decrepency somewhere between tomcat or the database or somethign else?

Gotta run for now, hopefully someone else can weigh in on #9 & #10.

1 Like